The Watcher

[OVERVIEW]

In June 2014, Maria Broaddus, her husband Derek and their three young children were getting ready to move into their new home into their new home in Westfield, New Jersey.

The 6 bedroom home, that costed $1.3 million, was their dream home. It was only a few blocks away from Maria's childhood home.

[FIRST LETTER]

Just three days after buying the home, before they even began to move in, a letter was found in the mailbox addressed to "the new owners." It read,

Dear new neighbor at 657 Boulevard,

Allow me to welcome you to the neighborhood. How did you end up here? Did 657 Boulevard call to you with it's force within?

657 Boulevard has been the subject of my family for decades now and as it approaches its 110th birthday I have been put in charge of watching and waiting for its second coming. My grandfather watched the house in the 1920's. My father watched in the 1960's. It is now my time.

Who am I? There are hundreds and hundreds of cars that drive by 657 Boulevard each day. Maybe I am in one. Look at all the windows you can see from 657 Boulevard. Maybe I am in one. Look out the many windows in 65 Boulevard at all the people who stroll by each day. Maybe I am one.

The letter also mentioned specific details about the family.

You have children. I have seen theme. So far I think there are 3 that I have counted. Do you need to fill the house with the young blood I requested? Better for me. Was your old house too small for your growing family? Or was it greed to bring me your children? One I know their names I will call to them and draw them to me.

In a cursive font the author typed the signature, The Watcher.

After receiving this letter the family reached out to the couple who sold them the house, John and Andrea Woods. They told Maria and Derek that in the 23 years of living there they had never received a letter, except for once. A few days before they moved out a letter was in the mailbox. They said they never felt watched and always felt safe enough to keep their doors unlocked. Although they found the note to be strange they threw it away.

John and Andrea went with the Broaddus family to report the letters. The police instructed them to tell no one about the letters because all of their neighbors would be considered suspects.

[SECOND LETTER]

Two weeks later the family still hadn't moved in. They went there multiple times to renovate a bit and would occasionally bring their children. Then another letter came.

The second letter contained even more personal details about the family such as

-The Family name (Although spelt wrong)
-The children's birth order
-The children's nicknames

The author also claimed to see their youngest daughter on the porch painting. They asked "is she the artist of the family?"

The letter also read

It has been years and years since the young blood ruled the hallways of the house. Have you found all of the secrets it holds yet?

Will the young blood play in the basement? Or are they too afraid to go down there alone? I would be very afraid if I were them. It is very far away from the rest of the house. If you were upstairs you would never hear them scream.