Shrek

[OVERVIEW]

Shrek is a very popular movie. If you take the total amount of money made from each movie worldwide that comes to $2,955,807,005. Shrek 2 made the most worldwide of the four films, making $919,838,758 and the original Shrek made the lowest with just $484,409,218.

So of course there will be theories about this movie, although not a whole lot. And all pretty much from the first movie as well.

I've talked about Donkey really being a boy who got turned into a donkey at the end of Pinocchio so I won't be covering that here.

[TRUE LOVES KISS]

There is a theory that even if Fiona and Shrek never fell in love and Fiona fell for a human that it wouldn't have helped her, she still would have become an ogre.

Even though Fiona says true loves kiss would break the curse, it wouldn't have. At the end when she is starting to turn into an ogre forever she said "loves true form." So the kiss turned her into "loves true form," but it didn't break the curse.

People assumed it was because it was Shrek she kissed but according to this theory the ogre is loves true form because if the person really loved Fiona they wouldn't care that she was an ogre. So even if she had kissed a human she still would have become an ogre because that was what really was true loves form was.

[FIONA IS A CANNIBAL]

Fiona is locked up in a tower, away from everyone, with only a dragon to keep her company. So what does she eat? She obviously eats because she wasn't starved to death.

If you watch carefully while they are escaping the tallest tower (about 37 minutes into the movie) you can see a cauldron boiling and a giant cook book that reads "KNIGHT TREATS."

Now you might be thinking "Fiona isn't eating people, she must be eating their horses." Only that's not true. When Shrek and Donkey are about to cross the rope bridge you can clearly see that the knights horses are left to die. Fiona wouldn't be able to get to the horses to eat them.

This theory does suggest that maybe she isn't exactly a cannibal and says she might only eat at night while in the tower (when she is an ogre) that way she doesn't feel as guilty about eating someone who just tried to rescue her.