27 Club

[OVERVIEW]

The 27 club is something I find very interesting. While I don't necessarily believe it, it is a very strange and interesting topic.

If you aren't aware the 27 club is a list of celebrities who died at the age of 27. And almost all the deaths are very similar. Most of the deaths are suicides. There are some accidental deaths and some homicides but majority of these have been reported as suicides, which cause some people to believe in this theory.

Many of the names were at the peak of their career and this causes many to think they might have sold their soul to the devil for fame. So who is in this 'club'?

All names below died at 27. I'm merely going to list what they did and how they died.

[KURT COBAIN]

I've talked about Kurt Cobain before about whether or not his death was really a suicide. If you haven't read it, you should.

Kurt was the lead singer of the band Nirvana

The official cause of death for Kurt was a suicide from a gunshot to his head.

[AMY WINEHOUSE]

Amy was a very popular singer. Her most famous song was probably Rehab. But she also had a dark lifestyle. Amy struggles with drugs and alcohol.

In 2011 alcohol took her life as her blood alcohol content was .416, far beyond the legal and recommended limit.

[JIMI HENDRIX]

Jimi Hendrix was a guitar legend. Almost everyone, even in 2019, knows who Jimi is.

In 1970 Jimi died after overdosing on his prescription sleeping pills which cause him to chock on his own vomit.

[JANIS JOPLIN]

Janis was also a very popular musician who died almost a month after Jimi.

In 1970 she was found in her hotel room after a member of her band found it odd she had not been out of the room yet.

She too took many sleeping pills and choked on her own vomit, just like Jimi had. But she also did heroine, which was ruled as her official cause of death.

[JIM MORRISON]

Jim was the frontman for The Doors. He died in 1971.

The official report is Jim died in his bathtub after a heroine overdose.

[ROBERT JOHNSON]

Robert was a Blues singer who possibly died of strychnine poisoning in 1938.

Many believe the whiskey he got from a bar had been tampered with due to racial reasons.

[ALAN WILSON]

Alan died just 2 weeks before Jimi. He was the front man for Canned Heat.

He died of an overdose in 1970.

[BRIAN JONES]

Brian was one of the founders of The Rolling Stones. He quickly became overshadowed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards which caused him to develop a drug addiction.

In 1969, just a month after leaving the group, Jones was found dead in his pool, suicide was believed but they called it an accidental drowning.

[FAT PAT]

Fat Pat was a rapper from Houston and a member of Screwed Up Click. He was murdered in 1998.

[KRISTEN PFAFF]