Chapter 5

"What's going on?" Andy exclaims, totally panicked.

"I was afraid this would happen, there's no time to explain. I need you to trust me, okay?" I hold out my hand and Andy takes it.

I drag him out of the room until we reach the top floor. Frank jogs up behind us, holding a big revolver in his hand.

I hear Frank's gun fire three rounds, I hurry even more pulling Andy up the stairs.

A big black door opens and I take Andy inside. Frank closes the door.

"They need me out there." Frank mutters and locks the door.

"It's too dangerous, we're not prepared." I say and Andy sits down on the cold wooden floor next to me.

"I can't sit around and do nothing," Frank says and unlocks the door, "I have to help them, I have the field experience."

"We both do, stand down. They'll be fine without us."

"You both were in the military?" Andy interrupts our conversation.

We both look at him.

"I'll tell you all about it later." Frank says, "You do not leave this room unless Gerard or I come get you. Gerard is going to stay with you, but I'm going out to help."

"Frank-

"Trust me Gerard. I'll be fine. I love you." He whispers, kissing my cheek.

"If you die, I'll kill you," I mutter and Frank laughs, shaking his head, "I love you. Be safe."

Frank unlocks the door and leaves, then locking it from the outside.

Andy puts his head on my shoulder, I softly rub his hand.

"Everything will be okay." I whisper to Andy.

"I'm scared." He whimpers and holds onto my arm.

"Don't be scared sweet, I'll protect you. Frank is out there right now, making sure we're safe."

"You and Frank served in the military? Why?"

"There was a war between us and the werewolves. We were deployed to fight for our own, but we won and we will easily win again. We fought to protect everyone and we will keep fighting until everyone is safe. Including you."

"I feel safe with you." He says, putting my arms over his shoulder.

He trusts me.

That makes my heart happy. I wish I could squeal but I can't right now.

"I want you to know I love you and I'll do everything you need me to do. I'll always protect you from the evil side of the supernatural. I'll do anything to keep you safe."

***

Guns blaze in the mansion. Bullets fly in every direction.

Andy has fallen asleep on my shoulder. I listen to what's going on outside.

Suddenly the room we're waiting in's door bangs. Then other time. And again. I watch the lock giving in.