Chapter 33

Two days pass.

He wants to take Andy away.

I can't just give Andy away like he means nothing to me, I've taken him in and cared for him as he is my own. He's not mine by blood, but I love him like he's my son.

Family isn't always necessarily by blood. Blood isn't always thicker than water.

Mason knows how to screw with my head, he's making me doubt myself and making me make choices he knows I can't possibly make. There has to be a way out of here, there has to be.

I just feel like I will die in this place, well wherever we are. It's somewhere familiar, I recognize the scents of this place, but I can't put my finger on it.

I don't know where we are, what time it is, I just know that it's Saint Patrick's day.

Wednesday? I'm not sure, I don't actually care anyway. I don't know how much time has passed, I guess two days. My dungeon doesn't have windows.

It's just me and Lenska today. They separated all of us temporarily and moved us into different compound kind of things. I mean if I was still commander, I would've done it too, to make sure we don't get to know the place. Keep us in the dark.

We don't have much to live on here but at least I have a blanket, diapers and milk bottles for Lenska. I haven't fed for a while and the hunger is a lingering feeling, but still manageable for now.

Lenska plays with my wedding ring and bites it softly. I smile watching her, her icy blue eyes look up at me. She squeezes her eyes shut as she tries to bite it even harder.

She's grow quite since we've had. She almost three months old now.

"Okay, okay," I whisper, trying taking the ring away, "You're going to hurt yourself Bing. I'm sure I can find you something else to play with, I know it sucks that all of your toys are at home. We'll go back soon, things are just a bit complicated right now, but then you can play with all of your toys."

She doesn't let go of the ring, she pulls back from me. I gently take her fingers off my ring and put it back on my finger. She holds my fingers with with her little fingers, making me smile.

I snuggle her up in my chest and hold her tightly. She lays her head in my neck and softly pulls on my hair.

Suddenly, she bites my neck, quite hard. I don't know where she learnt this habit but I know she's been struggling with teething. I bit down on my lip, it hurts quite bad, and gently pull her off me.

"You're quite a biter, just like your dad. You miss him, don't you?" I kiss her forehead and she lays back in my arms.

I know I miss him, I miss him terribly.

If I could be him tonight, I would sing him to sleep and hold him tight. I feel empty without him by my side. He has been with me for a long time and I still want to be with him, for the rest of my life.

I just wish this never happened. None of them deserve this.

Lenska yawns and lays back in my arms. i softly rub her hand as she holds mine.

"You're always difficult when you're tired. I love you baby girl," I tap the tip of her nose and she giggles sleepily, "I'll never let anyone hurt you, I'll always protect you from harm. Me and daddy love you so much and your big brother, Andy, and your uncle Mikey. Just don't call him uncle, he wouldn't like that."

Lenska closes her eyes and lays in my arms. I softly sing for her and continue to watch over her.

As soon as she falls asleep, I kiss her forehead and snuggle her gently.