Chapter 17

One week passes.

"Frankie, baby," I whisper softly tapping his shoulder, "Frank."

"What?" He looks over to the clock on the wall, "It's one AM."

Frank groans as I turn on the lamp next our bed.

"Turn over to me." I whisper and continue to poke him.

"But I'm comfortable." Frank talks into his pillow, hugging it tightly while snuggling himself even more.

I sigh and pout loudly. Frank sighs and turns over to me.

"What?" He says with his one eye open.

I kiss him and he raises his eyebrows, but kisses me back.

"Happy birthday, baby." I say as I pull away, while caressing my thumb on his cheek.

"It's my birthday?" He questions me, looking rather confused.

"It's the 31st of October. Happy birthday my love." I kiss him again and run my fingers through his dark hair.

"You could've told me this in the morning." He chuckles softly.

"You know the only way to make me shut up is to kiss me." I smile and making googly eyes at him, "Your kisses are addictive, I need them every day."

Frank cuddles himself up with me, trying to kiss me, "Shut up," He pulls me closer, kissing me softly.

Without you, I'm nothing. With you I'm something. Together we're everything.

He flinches as our side touch. Instead of trying to lay still, he turns on his back and lifts up the wit duvet. He shows with his index finger to come, showing me he wants me to lay close to him. I slowly slide over and until we're millimeters apart.

I rest my head on his shoulder and he puts his arms around my neck, playing with my hair.

"We should go out to town later to celebrate." I kiss his ear and he touches my cheek, turning his eyes to face me.

"I don't care what I do, as long as I'm with you. I love you." He kisses my lips again, making my heart ache for more.

We rest our foreheads together and intertwine our fingers, forbidding us to let go. I could lay like this forever.

"Even a step outside of that door is too far away from you." Frank whispers, making puppy eyes at me.

"Stop being so cute." I look at him, stroking his cheek.

He softly chuckles and gently takes my hand again.

***

"Oh my god, these pens are so cute." I say excitedly, picking up a pack of rainbow colored pens shelf.

The seven pens are in a see-through packet. I've always liked to collect pens when I still use to draw, but times have changed.

I show them to Frank. He looks up from the book he is holding.

He raises his eyebrow and smirks, "That's gay, Gerard."

I look at him, wide eyed while putting the packet back.

"We've been married for almost four years doofus." I say playfully bumping him.

He walks back over with his crutch, softly kissing me in the bookstore. I kiss his forehead and put my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

A lady in a tight pink golfing shirt from another aisle looks over the short bookshelf, but I don't care. I'm happy when I'm with him, I don't care what another think. Not anymore.