Chapter 30

The house is quiet now.

Frank is still asleep after I left to go soothe Lenska. I quietly climb into bed and rest my head on his back, putting my hand on his waist. He's sweaty.

I lay with him for a few seconds.

"No." He mumbles repeatedly in his sleep.

I put my hand on his chest, trying to make him relax.

"No!" He yells, sitting up straight.

Sweat is dripping down his body.

"Shh, it's okay. I got you. It's just a bad dream." I whisper and hug him.

He shakes and breathes heavily. He's quite shaken up.

"What did you dream about?" I whisper, looking into his eyes.

"Every time I close my eyes, I stand there, watching the wolves taking you away. I can hear you screaming from pain, I can hear the ripping of your skin, but I can't move, no sound can come out of my mouth. I'm helpless and just watch your bloody trail as you're being dragged along. Then they leave...your dead body in the end of the hallway." He cries and looks away.

This isn't the first time this has happened, Frank wakes up from night terrors almost every night.

"Oh Frank. Why didn't you tell me?" I kiss his forehead and then hold his hands. They're very shaky.

"I know it's just a dream, you're right here with me as always."

"That's not the point. Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You work so hard with Lenska and Andy during the day, I thought you are so tired and I don't need to distract you with my stuff."

"Baby, you're my priority and nothing has changed that. I'll always be your shoulder to cry on," I pause for a second, "Don't take this the wrong way sweetheart, but don't you think you need to see someone and talk about what happened to us at the mansion? This isn't the first time that you've been having trouble sleeping, it's been going on for a while now. It could help you."

"No, I don't think it's necessary. It's jus-

"Please, I think you should go see someone. I know it's been taking a toll on you and it has on me too. You know I've been going to that psychiatrist for a while now, it's really helped. The lady is really nice and she listens without judgement."

"Why should I explain everything that I been through to a stranger, who doesn't know anything about how I feel? How they hurt you, my kid and killed my friend? How useless they made me feel, how they made me watch them hurt yo-

He stops his sentence, soft sobs fill the room. He cries into his palms.

I pull him onto me, letting him cry in my chest. I softly rubs his back as he cries, I kiss his head.

I don't have to say anything, I know he still hurts even though he won't admit it. He hasn't been the same since we've come back, but he's still the man I love the most in the whole fucking world.

"Just think about it. I'll even go with you, you just can't go on like this. Just talk to someone who knows how to make you feel better. You can't raise a baby like this. Please?"