Chapter 40

The huge metal door bursts open as Mikey shoots out the lock with the revolver. He kicks the door open and reloads the gun.

All of the passage lights go on then suddenly all of the surprised wolves stream into the passage, holding a few, actually useless,  weapons.

Frank takes my hand and holds the other revolver in his hand. I softly squeeze his hand and hold up my knife.

"Whatever happens, I love you." I whisper and Frank looks at me.

"I love you too." He says squeezing my hand.

We both knew what could happen here.

Quickly, there's a lot of action going on.

The three of us fight against the wolves.

There's constant gunfire from our side. The wolves don't seem to have guns, they must be loaded in their vehicles.

Mikey fires three direct shots into the wolf's head, who is charging straight at him. The blood splatters onto his face while its body plumps onto the floor, but is soon trampled by boots coming our way.

I slice at wolf as I lunge forward with my razor sharp knife. There's so many different kinds of blood on my knife, it's actually terrifying.

Suddenly, I hear a gunshot from behind me and feel the blood splatter on the back of my neck. A cold shiver goes down my back.

I look over to see Frank has shot a wolf that tried grabbing me from behind. I take shallow breaths and fight forward.

"I'm out, this is my last round. I'll have to make it count." Mikey yells behind me.

He fires two more rounds at the stream of angry wolves storming at us.

"Just keep going." I say, continuing to fight.

Suddenly, a wolf lunges at me from my blind spot, catching me off guard.

I stumble backwards as he pins me to the wall, furiously snapping his long sharp teeth at me. I try holding him off, but I'm not strong enough to push. He continues hits my hand against the wall, making me drop my knife.

It clutters onto the ground.

My heart is beating uncontrollably fast.

His teeth come closer, making his awful breath warm on my face. I close my eyes and look away.

"Get off him!" Frank growls and fires a shot into the wolf's head.

My heart is still beating my chest.

I smile at Frank and he quickly kisses me.

"I'll always protect you." He whispers and then continues to shoot the wolves coming at him.

There aren't many wolves left, many have fled.

He quickly stops for a second kiss and then continues to fire more rounds.

I kneel down to pick up my knife.

I hear a gun cock behind him, I look up and shoot straight back up. I look over his shoulder, seeing Sascha holding a gun to the back of his neck.

Mikey looks over at us from the other side of the room. He shoots the gun, but no bullets come out.

She has the advantage.

"Well, that was easy," She says, Frank turns around to face her, "drop the knife or this will get messy."

I do as she says, the knife clutters onto the floor. She kicks it away to where neither of us can reach.