Chapter 31

Three months passes

"I don't know, but something is bothering me. Something isn't right.." Frank says, looking out of the window for the third time.

It's broad daylight outside.

I look through the thick forest's trees and bushes. There's nothing out there and there's isn't a scent for miles.

Lenska's on the floor, playing with her toys. She coos as she squeaks the purple rabbit.

"Hey sweetheart, everything's okay. There's nothing out there, Mikey and Andy have already gone on the borders of our property a couple of times. There's nothing out there, but we can always ask them to walk the border again." I say, kissing his head but he keeps staring out at the window from the lounge.

"I trust my gut." He mumbles.

I go onto my knees and go sit next to Lenska.

"You having fun, Bing?" I say and tickle her tummy.

She laughs loudly and holds her hands up for me to hold her.

She speaks some of her baby gibberish as I pick her up.

"Yeah? You want to play with daddy, huh Bing?" I say laughing and stand over her.

I pick her up and softly rock her in my arms. I gently lift her up in the air not to drop her. She giggles out of delight and as I bring her down she rests her head in my neck.

"You two are so cute." Frank says, suddenly kissing my cheek.

I didn't notice him standing up.

"I love you both so much." I say and turn to Frank.

"I'll do everything to protect you."

He kisses me over Lenska and she giggles. He taps her on her nose and she grabs his finger, attempting to bite him.

He laughs and kisses her hand.

I put her back down on the carpet, letting her play. She becomes a bit restless if I hold her too long.

"I love you my angel." He says, looking up at me.

He makes me blush.

I see Andy being carried bridle style by Mikey. They're laughing loudly and then Mikey puts him down. They exchange a quick kiss and walk back towards the house.

Andy and Mikey come in through the sliding door. Andy's smiling widely, keeping his hands behind his back. Mikey closes the sliding door.

It's a awkward situation, everyone is just looking at each other.

"What's going on?" Frank says, breaking the ice.

Andy shows us his left hand, a pretty silver ring shines in the light. Mikey takes his and and softly kisses it.

"Oh my god!" I exclaim excitedly, hugging Andy tightly, "I'm so happy for you!"

I also give Mikey a big tight hug. Frank congratulates them both, giving them each a hug. He hugs Andy a second longer.

"So," Frank says, crossing his arms and smirking, "When's the big day?"

"We haven't spoken about dates yet. I think it would be best when we come back, after we get a place of our own." Mikey says and looks down at Lenska.

"Oh, you're going to move out?" I say sadly, Mikey tries to say something, "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you two, you deserve it. I just can't believe Andy's growing up so fast and getting married to my little brother. My little brother is getting married. There last four years went too quick. A lot of things have changed."