Chapter 28

Five months.

It's just past two in the morning.

I wake up to my phone ringing loudly in my ear, it's an unknown number.

Frank's a heavy sleeper so he doesn't wake up to the ringtone of my phone. He lays peacefully asleep, wrapped up in his blankets.

I turn on my bed light and sit up, looking if Frank might wake up.

Nope, Frank is still peacefully asleep.

I answer and put the cold screen of my phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say, sleepily.

I yawn once and listen to the person on the line.

"I'm sorry to wake you so early Mr. Way, but right now in the main hospital in Jersey, there's a baby coming and waiting for a new home. I'd advice you to come down to the hospital right away!"

It takes me a second to click.

"Wait, what? Really! We're on our way!" I say excitedly.

I roughly shake Frank to wake up.

"What's going on?" He mutters sleepily and shoos my hand away.

"We have to get down to the hospital right now." I cry excitedly.

Frank's face lights up.

"You're kidding, right?" He says and suddenly smiles widely, "No! Really?" He exclaims excitedly and hugs me, "Oh my god!"

He kisses me and hugs me so tightly.

"Come on. We have to hurry. Lets go." I get out of bed and dress into some appropriate clothes.

While Frank gets dressed, I rush into Andy's room.

I turn on his room's light. He groans and pulls his sheets over his head.

"Go away, I'm trying to sleep." He grumbles.

"Andy." I call waking him.

He opens his one eye to look at me.

"What?" He looks over to the clock, "It's two in the goddamn morning."

"Frank and I are going to the hospital. The baby's coming." I exclaim excitedly.

"Really? But this time in the morning?" He says, excitedly.

"Get the extra sleep while you can. Just call me if something happens, okay sweet?" I kiss his forehead and rush out of the room, down to the garage.

I pull my Mercedes out of the garage and honk my hooter twice.

Frank hurries outside, still buttoning up his purple shirt. He climbs into the car, his hair standing up straight in different ways .

"Lets go." Frank says and fixes his hair in the mirror.

I step on the gas and we rush towards the hospital.

The highway is open, so we can drive a little faster than normal. I can't care about the speeding fines.

Frank and I both sit in the car, unable to contain our excitement.

"It's happening, it's really happening." He whispers repeatedly and kisses my hand.

I can't believe it.

Quickly we get to the hospital, parking the car closest to the entrance. We jump out and lock the car, rushing inside. I stuff the keys into my jacket.