Chapter 38

A day passes.

I sit up as I hear loud knocks on my door.

Andy still asleep. I tuck him in with the blanket and quickly kiss his forehead. I slip out and hurry to the door.

I open the door to Vladimir.

I know he's bringing me news.

He looks me up and down, then clears his throat.

"I need you to stay calm." He says, showing me with his hands to take deep breaths.

This isn't good news.

"What's going on?" I say, raising my voice.

"Gerard..."

"Spit it out."

"They-they found Lenska." Vladimir says, sticking his head around the door.

I gasp and look up at him. Tears are already swelling.

"Is she..." my voice cracks as I start crying.

"No, she's alive a-

"Then where is she!" I say frustrated and look past him.

"Allison is treating her now. She's okay, but let's go down together and talk abou-

I immediately run out of my room, down the stairs into the bay. As I run, I could feel my sobs building louder and louder.

I could hear Lenska crying loudly as I come closer. I couldn't stop myself from crying either.

I go in without knocking. Allison is gently rocking Lenska, trying to soothe her.

"Bing... is she okay?" I say loudly.

Allison spins around, continuing to rock Lenska. Lenska's skin is burnt as if she put it on a stove. Allison has wrapped her in a wet blanket to cool her skin.

"What happened to her?" I wail, Allison hands her to me.

"She's okay. They found her alone in the forest, they must have left her out there in the sun, luckily animals or someone else didn't find her." Allison says softly.

Where's Frank?

"Alone?" I say panicky, "What about Frank and Mikey?"

"I'm sorry, they found the premises but neither of them were there. I'm so sorry."

I close my eyes, blinking the tears away.

I hold Lenska tightly, she doesn't stop crying.

"She's hungry. I'll go get her bottles," I mutter, resting my head on her's, "oh my angel, I love you so, so much. I'm so happy that you're okay..."

Did she miss me as much as I missed her?

I kiss her head and start walking towards the door.

"I'll go up and get it." Allison says calmly and leaves the two of us alone.

Lenska continues to cry, I try soothing her some more but it doesn't help. She continues to cry. Her skin is burning up.

"I know your little skin burns, I know it hurts. You didn't deserve this," I whisper and rock her some more, trying not to touch her skin, "Where is daddy, Bing? Please, just tell me."

I cry loudly over her and then rest her on my shoulder.

I wish she could tell me where Frank is.

Allison comes in with Lenska's pink bag and hands it to me. I take out her bottle and quickly start making one.

"Let me?" Allison says, gently taking it from my hand.