Chapter 41

A year passes

"Map," Lenska says for the thousandth time, "hi."

Every word is still as cute as the first time.

"Hello Bing." I say, sitting down with her on the brand new carpet in the new house.

I kiss her forehead as she hands me her brown teddy bear. I make it sit up on my lap and move making Lenska giggle delightfully, making me smile just as big.

"Map." She says again.

"I should probably start worrying if your next word is passport." I laugh to my own stupid joke.

It's only been a few weeks since she has started say random words. Normally its just baby gibberish, but finally she has managed one word that I could understand.

It's just so special.

I feel Frank's hand on my shoulder as he sits down next to me. Lenska laughs and shakily crawls straight into Frank's lap. She sits up like the bear is sitting on my lap.

He kisses her head and she reaches her hands for the bear. She takes it and hugs it tightly, then she lays back straight into Frank's chest.

She is so cute.

I'm overwhelmed by positive feelings.

"I love you Princess." He says and puts his arms around her.

"Map." She replies again, making both of us laugh.

I put my hand on Frank's thigh and look into his dreamy eyes.

"I love you." I say, kissing his cheek.

He smiles as I kiss his cheek again.

"I love you too."

"Brother." She says as Andy walks through the door.

That was her first word, then the other two came along.

He blushes like crazy and puts down his backpack on the dining table.

"Hey." He says from the other side of the room.

"Hey sweetheart." I say, resting my head on Frank's shoulder.

She immediately lifts her arms up for him to pick her up like she always does when he gets home.

"Did someone miss me?" He says shaking his head while smiling and he picks up his little sister.

"You're her favorite." Frank teases and rests his head on mine, he takes my hand and squeezes it softly.

She rests her head on his shoulder and drops her bear onto the floor.

She immediately starts crying about her bear.

Frank and I look at each other, smiling. The look on Andy's face is priceless.

He tries to reach down for it.

Who knew that these two could mean everything to me?

"Shh, it's okay," Andy says, bending down and grabbing the bear, "All better, see? Bear-bear isn't going anywhere."

Lenska takes the bear and snuggles it tightly. He snuggles her with his head and gently rocks her.

"Where's Mikey?" I ask.

"He's getting the last thing ready before you two can go. You two haven't been out on a little getaway since forever, you should start a regular thing. Mikey and I do date night once a week, you should do it too."