/4 years ago/

"you two are weird", a girl's voice distracted both boys from their homework. they sat in the library of their highschool and tried to focus on maths. "why?", jungkook asked a little bit confused while he held tae's hand softly.
"you two behave like a couple, you're really gay", she mumbled as she looked at them for a while. "yeah that's because we're in love.." taehyung admitted shyly. "why aren't you two together then?"

"i don't know, we never talked about it and it never bothered us", tae said.
"how do you know you're loyal then? if you don't put a label on it you'll never be able to call the other yours. that's stupid if you ask me, being like this is good enough for sex but not good enough for love and a relationship", she chuckled. "but whatever, it's your thing."
then she left them all confused.

while tae didn't really bothered about this, jungkook couldn't get it out of his head. it was horrible to know tae wasn't really his.
later that day they sat on the bed when jungkook finally spoke up, "hey taehyung i think i want to put a label on us", he said slowly which took the older by surprise. "why so suddenly?", he asked softly and pulled kook closer. "you know i love you.."
"yea, i know but i want to be yours and you to be mine", he admitted slightly.

"okay, fine. so you'll be my boyfriend from now on, okay?", tae asked. jungkook nodded slowly but it felt weird to say this.
there were no butterflies, he accepted it and then they continued cuddling and watching netflix.

***

"so you two have been together...", jimin said slowly. "why aren't you anymore?", now he was completely confused by this whole thing.
"look, thing is..", tae started speaking again, "once we called us boyfriends it was weird. we started getting jealous over everything, i felt as if someone better than me appears kookie will leave me in no matter what. labels can be taken away, you know? i spent nights crying for no reason at all and so did he. i don't even know what felt so wrong about it but it freaked us out that everyone expected us to be boyfriends just so we can be something real."

jimin nodded slowly and looked at them, "so how did you end the label?"

jungkook giggled as he remembered what happened,

"well, it was monday morning and i felt like crying when getting up so i texted tae that it still bothers me the whole label shit.. it didn't took him even 15 minutes until he stood at my front door and held the sweetest speech on earth. he said he doesn't want to put a label on us because relationships end but we won't and that he doesn't care about labels because i'll always be his and he's always gonna be mine. then he kissed me and asked if could go back to be ourselves and nothing else which doesn't suit us. i said yes and we promised each other to never put a boyfriend label on us ever again."

jimin chuckled slightly as he heard this story. "you two are goals", he said. "usually people get into relationships just to have this label and here you are, saying labels are shit and not giving a fuck on anyone's opinion."
"why would we care? as long as we love each other it's all fine. putting a label on us was more painful than anything else we ever went through", tae mumbled and kookie agreed.

"so, don't think too much about serious stuff, enjoy your loved one's presence as long as it lasts, alright?", jungkook asked jimin which made the older sigh heavily.

"yoongi and i won't ever be like you two..", he mumbled. "and that's a good thing because kook and i are pretty much fucked up in the things we do", tae laughed amused. "what do you do?", jimin asked confused.

"well, it started with sex before love as well and we tried all kinds of kinky shit so i hope for you that you and yoongi take it slower and more serious", tae winked, kookie blushed and jimin sighed.