6. The twist

Late na ng makauwi si Aya. Alas-diyes na yata. Dinatnan niya si Yuna sa bahay nila. Nasa kuwarto na niya ito at nakahiga sa kama niya. Aya smiled. Mukhang hindi nito namalayan ang pagdating niya dahil nakatalikod ito. Hindi niya alam kung tulog na ba ito o ano.

Dahan-dahang lumapit si Aya kay Yuna at pagkuwa'y niyakap ito mula sa likod.

Yuna jerked in surprise but then relaxed when she saw it's Aya.

Natawa si Aya sa reaksyon nito, pero biglang napakunot ang noo nang makita ang namumugtong mga mata ni Yuna. "Hey... What happened?" She asked, worried.

Ngumiti lang ng mapait si Yuna at yumakap kay Aya. Isinubsob ang mukha sa leeg ng kasintahan. Yuna sniffed.

Aya could tell that Yuna was crying. She could feel her neck getting wet. Aya rubbed the red-head's back "Hey... Tell me what happened. Why are you crying?" She asked, worriedly. Hindi niya maiwasang maging malungkot rin para rito. Ano na naman kayang nangyari? Bahagyang inilayo ni Aya ang mukha ni Yuna. Pinahid ang mga luha nito. "Tell me," she demanded, softly.

Suminghot ulit ito."I-it's dad," anito sa pumipiyok at namamaos na tinig "No. He said I couldn't call him dad anymore because I'm no longer his 'daughter'," puno ng hinanakit na saad ni Yuna. Patuloy na lumalagaslas ang luha sa mga mata. "I don't know why it keeps hurting me. Sanay naman na akong binabalewala lang niya simula pa lang" Yuna shook her head. Napaangat ng mukha, sa pag-asang matigil ang pagbukal ng tubig pero wala iyong nagawa. Yuna bit her lips and continued, "b-but you know... between dad and mom, I liked dad better. E-even if he has been... always cold...he took the time to know... what's happening to me." Speaking got hard for Yuna. Her nose was clogged, so she blew it with the tissue on her hands. "My mom, she just doesn't care. All she care is... if I made a mistake. S-she want to make me... Perfect... In the eyes of other people," Yuna said in between tears. Her hand gripping the crumpled tissue. She continued sobbing, the red-head's shoulders shook violently.

Napapaiyak na din si Aya. Napakagat-labi. Seeing Yuna like this was painful. She wished she could shoulder the red-head's pain.

"S-so...." Yuna continued but broke down in sobs, again.

Aya took the red-head into her arms. She hugged Yuna tightly.

Yuna tried to calm down. "S-so... W-when... My father disowned me... I-i feel like... Losing the slightest hope that he cares about me. And it breaks me. W-was I that hideous for my parents to hate me? What have I ever done? I just don't understand!" She said frustratingly.

Yuna looked like she's hyperventilating from all the crying.

Aya slightly panicked, "hey... It's okay. Calm down. Take deep breaths," she instructed.

Kahit hirap na hirap ay sinunod ni Yuna ang sinabi ng kasintahan. She inhaled deeply and released it. She took another. And another.

"That's right, just like that," Aya encouraged. She brushed the stray hairs on Yuna's face. Nang makitang medyo kalmado na si Yuna ay hinawakan ang magkabilang pisngi. "And listen to me... don't think like that, okay? There's nothing wrong with you. You are a great woman - beautiful, smart, sexy, talented and a lot more. And if there's anything... Ang mga magulang mo ang may mali. As you said, they were locked up in an unhappy marriage. Maybe that screwed them up, kaya hindi nila nagawang maging mabuting magulang sa'yo. Don't let them ruin you too. Live your life and be happy with yourself. Because you're incredible," she said "and you know what else you have?"

Yuna looked at Aya curiously. Her eyes felt heavy.

"Me," Aya answered "and I love you."