F1. The Game Begins

THE PARTY hall was swarming with people, clad in glamorous suits and dresses.

Prada, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Dior  to name just a few, were draped over confident and proud shoulders. All of which were screaming their social statuses.

But amongst those famous high fashion brands, one label was standing out — the Dimitri's. From which, that party was all about. It was Dimitri's annual fashion exhibit.

Dimitri's was a Philippine brand, founded by Lord Dimitri, a stunning half-Italian and half-Filipino guy. Only that he was not exactly a guy because he was a proud gay.

Happy chatters and occasional clinking of glasses was filling the air, along with the low upbeat music.

Amidst it all, there was one woman standing with a small group at the center  with a rather unhappy and bored look on her face.

She was wearing a Dimitri brand, blue single strap dress which she so designed herself. Long smooth wavy hair cascaded on her slender shoulders. Her thin lips were pursed in a confident manner, making her long and pointy nose more prominent.

Aya Martinez. She was 26-years-old and one of Dimitri's many designers, and also among the exceptional ones.

Pinaglipat-lipat ni Aya ang paningin sa mga taong naroon. Karamihan ay mga kilalang personalidad sa fashion industry. Mayroon ding mga celebrity, ilang pulitiko, at mga negosyante. Pero wala siyang interes na lapitan o kausapin ang sino man sa mga ito.

"This year has been really successful, don't you agree?" Narinig niyang sabi ni Tim sa bandang kaliwa niya. Isa ito sa mga ka-team niya sa evening gown department. Ang iba nilang kasama ay may mga kausap din, at dahil parehong walang partner ay silang dalawa ang naghuntahan.

"Mm-hm," Aya just hummed as a response.

Nagkibit na lang si Tim. Sanay na ito sa pagiging tahimik at reserved ni Aya. Nakailang ikot na din ito kanina at kababalik lang ng table; samantalang si Aya ay kanina pang nandoon lang.

Aya sighed in boredom. Hindi naman talaga siya mahilig sa mga parties. Kung hindi lang importanteng gathering iyon ay umuwi na siya.

She took a sip of her champagne and looked for something that may interest her.

A particular woman caught her weary eyes.

It was no ordinary woman, but no other than the star of Dimitri's — Yuna Smith.

Yuna was a designer like her. Bridal gowns naman ang hawak nito. Matunog ang pangalan nito sa kumpanya. Hindi lang dahil sa anak ito ng isa sa mga pinaka-maimpluwensyang tao sa Pilipinas, kundi dahil na rin sa galing nito sa designing. Idagdag pa ang hindi pangkaraniwan at mapang-akit nitong kagandahan.

Everything the woman was wearing was black — from the backless dress, to the accessories, and those pointed stilletos. Only the hair contrasted everything. It was auburn-red. But it just made the woman more noticeable.

Parang biglang nanuyo ang lalamunan ni Aya sa pagkakatitig sa babae. She couldn't help the indecent thoughts that reeled off her mind.

She wondered how it would feel to kiss those luscious red lips. Yuna's red hair was up on a high pony exposing smooth silky skin, and Aya imagined herself running down her hands against it and down onto those shamelessly bared back.

Aya was so out of trance when she gulped the drink. Tila hindi handa ang lalamunan niya sa paglagok na iyon. Bahagya pa siyang napaubo.

"Hey, okay ka lang?" ang tanong ni Tim.

Itinaas ni Aya ang kamay dito. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

Sinundan ni Tim ang tinitingnan niya. "Hm... I see," malisyosong wika nito. "Ang ganda 'no. Nakakainggit," medyo may kaartehang turan pa. Bakla kasi itong si Tim.