26. Pity or Love?

Alexa was dumbstruck.

'What just happened?' The silly woman asked in her mind, confused. She was instantly cut-off from her dream state when the car made a screeching halt.

When she looked down, she saw Aya--- head ducked and instead of her own hands, it was the designer's hands that were on the wheel.

That was when everything dawned to Alexa.

"Oh my god..." the silly woman gaped.

.
.
.
.

Aya, who still had her eyes closed, finally raised her head. She looked around and released a sigh of relief. Thankfully, she made the car stop right across the traffic light. Salamat na rin at wala silang kasabay sa lane na 'yon... dahil kung hindi... she didn't even want to imagine.

"Oh God. Aya, are you okay? I'm sorry. I'm sorry..." Alexa said, frantic. She checked Aya's body for any damage.

The designer held Alexa's hands down, "hey, hey... I'm okay. I'm okay," she said repeatedly, looking symphathetically at the silly woman.

"I'm sorry. Shit. I'm so sorry," Alexa cursed, eyes wild. How stupid of her. How could she let that happen? She thought regretfully.

Still holding the silly woman's hands, "hey, look at me... look at me..." Aya demanded the distraught girl "Alexa!" Aya's tone turned up and Alexa finally looked at her. The designer released a sigh "It's okay. We're okay. I'm okay," she said.

Gustong magtanong ni Aya kung anong nangyari, kung bakit bigla itong nawala sa sarili kanina. She was sure it had to do with her question, and she was half-blaming herself. Bigla siyang nag-alala para dito, pero alam niyang hindi tamang tanungin niya ito ngayon.

"Let's change seats, I'll drive," ang sabi na lang ng designer. Umibis na siya ng sasakyan.

Alexa guiltily looked down on her hands. She almost got themselves killed.

Kaagad na nakaikot si Aya at binuksan ang pinto ng driver's seat.

Lumipat na rin si Alexa sa kabilang upuan, sising-sisi pa rin sa sarili.

Napasulyap si Aya sa kasama. Nakatungo ito at nakakuyom ang mga kamao. "Hey..." Aya grasped the woman's hands. "Wala namang nangyari, 'di ba? Tama na 'yan. Stop beating yourself," ang alo ni Aya.

Alexa looked up to the designer, eyes full of remorse. "It's not okay... I almost got us on an accident."

"But nothing happened. End of story. Pull yourself together, okay?"

Alexa shook her head. She wanted to say something.

"It's okay. I understand, Alexa. You don't have to explain," Aya said softly. She smiled compassionately at the silly woman.

Alexa nodded her head."Thank you," she breathed, voice sad.

Aya then grabbed the wheel and drove silently.

.
.
.
.

"Can you manage, now?" Tanong ni Alexa nang makarating na sila ng bahay.

Pareho na silang nasa labas ng sasakyan at nakatayo sa tapat ng gate.

Si Alexa ay sa Parañaque pa uuwi.

"Yeah... Don't worry too much about me. I'll be fine," the silly woman responded with a faint smile. She looked more clearheaded now.

"You know what... we have a spare room inside. Puwedeng dito ka muna matulog ngayong gabi," ang alok ni Aya. Nag-aalala pa rin talaga siya para sa makulit na babae.