9. The Goodbye

Limang araw na ang lumipas matapos ang dapat sana'y pagsugod ni Aya kay Yuna sa Quezon. Ito rin ang araw ng pagbabalik ng babae.

Tapos na ang trabaho at nasa apartment na siya at naghihintay sa pagdating nito. She tried to be as nonchalant as she can be. Ayaw niyang makahalata ito na may alam siya. It was tearing her apart, knowing the woman was cheating on her. Kabilang na siya ngayon sa mga nagpapakatanga sa pag-ibig. It was so easy to tell another person to move on and let go pero kung ikaw na ang nasa posisyon, you can't seem to do it even if you so wanted to. The irony of love.

Hindi pa rin siya umuuwi ng Caloocan. Hindi niya maitatago sa mga magulang ang pinagdadaanan niya. Malakas ang pakiramdam ng mga ito, lalo na ang mama niya. Her parents... She wonders how will they react when they find out. They'll probably won't believe it. They thought Yuna was a changed woman. It will surely hurt them. Parang anak na din ang turing nila sa dalaga. At malamang doble ang galit na mararamdaman nila kumpara dati. Ayaw na niyang pag-isipin pa ang mga ito.

She was waiting by the living room, both dreading and anticipating her girlfriend's arrival. She remembered the last time she was waiting like this... It somehow put a smile on her face but then, made her sad even more. She wished she was back on that day and not now when she feels her heart on the verge of breaking completely. She can only hope, but even that hope feels like collapsing.

A tear fell from her eyes and she wiped it immediately. She took a deep breath. She needs to relax. She needs to be strong. Hindi pa tapos ang laban.

A sound of a car approaching and stopping right in front made her still. She could see rays of headlights from outside the window as the woman was maneuvering the car into the garage. Her hands are getting clammy, so she clasped them. She was both anxious and excited.

She glared at the door, waiting for the woman to make her entrance. After just a few moments she could see the knob being turned and came in the woman - the cause of her suffering. Aya's breath hitched upon seeing the woman's beauty. Yuna was only dressed in a pair of denim and a white button-down shirt. Pero dahil sa figure nito ay nagmukhang maliit ang suot nitong damit at bumabakat ang magandang hubog ng katawan nito. Aya almost swooned when the woman gave her a sexy smile but she remembered what the woman did. How dare she acts so calm. Yuna walks towards her in a yet seductive manner, the free hair from her high ponytail bouncing as she moved. And as if nothing, leaned down on her and gave her a peck on the lips.

"Did you wait for me?" Nakangiti pang sabi.

Aya gave her a tight smile but secretly gritting her teeth. Napagaling talaga nitong umarte. Gustong-gusto na niyang sigawan ito, komprontahin, but she held herself. Nangingibabaw pa rin ang pagmamahal niya para rito.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Tanong ni Yuna na nangunot ang noo. Aya didn't notice a single tear that fell under her eyes until Yuna wiped it. "Why are you crying?" Animo'y alalang-alala na tanong nito. Naupo na rin ito sa tabi ni Aya.

Aya tried to smile. "It's nothing... I-i just... Missed you is all." Napasinghot si Aya. Napatitig siya sa magandang mukha ng kaharap. She studied every contour of the woman's face - from her big, dark brown eyes which seems to penetrate her soul, to her almost perfect, pointed nose, to her full lips shaped like a heart and her oval face. She's a definition of perfection pero hindi ang mga iyon ang minahal niya rito. If someone will ask her why she loves her, she most likely wouldn't have an answer. She just loves her, just her. But, what did this woman do? She could feel the searing pain in her chest. She wanted to burst in tears, right there and then.

"Are you really okay? May problema ba?" Pagtataka pa rin nito.

Umiling si Aya at ngumiti lang. Napapaluha na naman siya kay tinakpan niya ito ng tawa at pasimpleng pinahid ang nagbabadyang luha. "Wala. Iniisip ko lang kung gaano kita kamahal. Mahal na mahal kita, Yuna. Mahal na mahal," madamdaming pahayag niya.