13. Spoiler Alert

Matapos kumain ay napagpasyahan ng dalawa na maglakad-lakad muna sa paligid ng parke, malaki kasi iyon. Maraming puno at namumulaklak na halaman sa paligid. Each tree was adorned by tiny LED lights. Kaya naman ay napakakulay tingnan ng parke. Light posts were scattered on the sidewalk to illuminate the place. There was also a circular giant fountain, dancing with different colors coming from spotlights placed on the sides.

They stopped by the fountain and watched as it sprayed up in the air. There were at least four or five layers and it would go off one after another or sometimes, all at once. The people around would shriek in delight for it.

The two watched silently. Suddenly...

A sound of eruption from the sky was heard. The people around them cheered. Aya and Alexa looked up and saw - fireworks.

Smiles appeared on their faces.

"It's ironic that something as dangerous like that can actually be beautiful," Alexa suddenly said.

Aya looked at the shorter woman for a brief moment then up on the sky again. She smiled. "Yeah. There's always something good out of the bad ones," she said. 'Just like Yuna,' she added in thought. Thinking of Yuna made the her feel sad again. Aya believed the ex-girlfriend had her reasons. Memories of the red-head still plagued Aya's mind, she couldn't help it. There is a constant pain in Aya's chest whenever she thought of the big-eyed beauty. But forgetting the one you loved was hard. Looking above, Aya wished that her love for that unfaithful woman would just blast away, like those fireworks. And just like it, vanished completely, after a while.

Alexa hummed in agreement for what Aya said. The firework lasted for about five minutes but Alexa kept looking at the sky. "Just like those stars... they were actually hotter than the sun and can burn you. But almost everyone adored them, wanted to reach them even. That is why it was only nice to look at them from afar. You cannot get near or touch them, or else you will get hurt and burn," Alexa said rather seriously with a distant look in her eyes.

Aya couldn't help but stare at the shorter woman. Maya-maya pa'y bahagyang natawa at napailing. Alexa never fails to amaze her. Maloko, oo, pero minsan may sense din at malalim kung magsalita.

"What?" maang na tanong ni Alexa na napatingin na sa designer.

"Wala naman. Natatawa lang ako, kasi marunong ka din palang magseryoso." biro ni Aya. "And you know what... you are like those fireworks and stars. Akala ko kasi noong una bad omen ka, but it turns out na isa ka pala sa makakatulong sa akin na makalaya sa isang masalimuot na relasyon. I really hated you at first. Hinding-hindi ko makakalimutan ang pagsaboy mo sa akin ng napakainit na kape," Aya reminded in a reproachful manner. She remembered the feeling.

Alexa grinned widely, but feeling guilty. "Sorry naman... bobo nga kasi iyong sahig. And unlike those stars and fireworks, I'm completely harmless. You can get close to me or touch me. You wouldn't get burned. I promised," Alexa said meaningfully, holding up the right hand. She smiled at Aya, but sadness was hidden in her eyes. Aya didn't notice it.

----

Alexa drove Aya home, hindi siya pumayag na mag-isang umuwi ang fashion designer. Malalim na rin kasi ang gabi at malayo pa ang uuwian nito.

"So, this is your home?" asked Alexa when they stopped by a modern Mediterranean house. It was medium-built with a wide lawn. "It looks nice. Ngayong alam ko na ang bahay mo ay maaari na kitang puntahan anumang oras," she told Aya, a bright smile on her face.

"And why would you do that?" Aya asked, quirking her brow. Habit na niya ang magtaas ng kilay, kaya naman nasasabihang mataray siya. Hindi siya sanay na pinupuntahan ng kung sinu-sino. May mangilan-ngilang lalaki na nangahas manligaw sa kanya noon at mayroong sinasadya pa talaga siya sa bahay. Subalit hindi rin nagtatagal ang mga ito dahil sa katarayan niya. Aya hated those kinds of men who thinks they can change a lesbian like her. They thought lesbian girls only needed to be with a man, to transform into being straight. They thought it's just all about sex. Kaya naman ay nadala na siyang magbigay ng address niya. Only few of her friends knew where she lives and they rarely visit her. Nabibilang lang din sa daliri ang masasabi niyang mga tunay na kaibigan kaya wala iyong problema sa kanya.