16. Alexa's Story

It's Yuna again, looking glamorous as ever. The red-head was with another woman with a big resemblance to her. Tingin ni Aya ay kamag-anak nito iyon. Aya haven't got the chance to meet and know Yuna's relatives because of their previous circumstances.

"Why do you always appear everywhere I went to?" Aya couldn't help but voice out her thought. Tama nang hindi mabura-bura ang mukha nito sa utak niya, kailangan pa bang parating mag-krus ng landas nila? Fate is really being cruel to her.

Yuna's lips turned into half-smirk. She had been aware of Aya's presence at the marathon they had attended, a while ago. Nakita niya nang papaalis na ang mga ito. It was pure coincidence though, just like today.

"Well... I guess destiny always wants us to meet," tila nang-aasar pang sagot. These encounters was ironically becoming a usual occurrence, now. Hindi alam ni Yuna kung ikatutuwa ba niya 'yun. But she had to admit--- she missed talking like this with Aya.

"Well, fuck destiny! I don't want to see you," Aya spat, her voice resentful. She felt livid. May gana pa talagang magbiro sa kanya ng ganito ang bruha.

Yuna cringed at Aya's harshness towards her. The smile on her face was instantly wiped-off. The woman in front of her wasn't the sweet Aya, anymore. It still stung her a bit. Subalit, wala naman siyang magagawa dahil aminado siya sa kasalanan niya. She was about to retort when...

"Aya, come on... They're waiting for us," biglang agaw ni Alexa. She held Aya's elbow.

Even the mischievous woman was starting to get annoyed by Yuna. The witch just had to ruin this moment, again. Lagi na lang itong sumusulpot kung kailan okay na sana ang lahat.

'Such a spoiler,' Alexa thought, disdainfully.

Natuon ang pansin ni Yuna sa kasama ni Aya. Natatandaan niyang ito rin ang babaeng kasama ng ex-girlfriend noong isang araw. Yuna eyed the woman from head to toe. One eyebrow shot up and her lips twitched playfully. "And who is this? Ito ba ang ipinalit mo sa'kin? I didn't know you had a thing on 'dwarfs'," she joked on Aya.

Napaismid si Aya sa sinabi ng dating kasintahan. "Just mind your own business," she said acridly. Ano bang pakialam nito kung sinong kasama niya.

Nasaling naman ang pride ni Alexa. Pero imbes na magalit ay natawa pa.

Lalong umigkas ang kilay ni Yuna dahil sa reaksyon nito. 'This woman's a weirdo,' she thought.

"What's so funny?" The redhead asked, unbemused.

Tumikhim muna si Alexa bago sumagot, "Well... That was a first. Nobody had called me a dwarf, before. In my family, I was actually the tallest among the girls," she responded in a nonchalance voice. Hindi naman siya apektado sa pangmamaliit ni Yuna. "But compared to you--- " she trailed off "---yeah," the silly woman shrugged. "The name's Alexa by the way," she added and extended a hand.

Though Alexa didn't like Yuna because of what she did to Aya... Alexa wasn't one to be rude.

The redhead just gave Alexa a blank look and threw a snide remark, "The tallest huh? You really came from the family of dwarfs, then."

Hindi alam ni Yuna kung bakit, pero nakakaramdam siya ng disgusto kay Alexa. Or maybe she's just... Yuna quickly brushed away the thought.

Napakamot na lang sa batok si Alexa nang hindi tanggapin ni Yuna ang pakikipag-kamay niya. Sinagot niya ng mahinahon ang pang-iinsulto ng witch, "maybe you're right," nagkibit-balikat siyang muli. Yet a confident smile was on her face. Pagkatapos ay inalis sa batok ang kamay at iniakbay iyon sa balikat ni Aya. Hindi naman pumalag ang isa. "Even so... Rest assured that I can take care of Aya, just fine. She's a very precious gem, and I'm so lucky to have found her. I will treat her properly like she deserved," she emphasized the last word, then looked endearingly towards the taller woman beside her.