Chapter Two

"Girls don't fight with the men back in the capital. They act like ladies" Prince Joffrey smirked as Jaslin finished off her morning sword training Robb and Jon. 

"Ladies in the capital must very bored then... your grace" Jaslin yawned as she turned to see the little blonde prince with his large scarred guard behind him. 

"Your father. Remind me, is it the first day of my fathers rebellion that he died... or was it the second. Dog, you are old enough to remember?" 

"Aye, I don't know the exact day, but it was at the beginning. Lord Frost was a good man though" the guard replied without looking at either his prince or Jaslin.

"Yes, most dead men are" Jaslin hissed, finding herself no longer scared of the mammoth man in front of her. 

Sandor was surprised by her response. She was a pretty young lady, and he had half expected her to run off crying to the Starks. Yet, there she stood, bold as brass, glaring her ice cold eyes without fear into both him and the prince. Then again, Sandor had just spend the best half of the morning watching her yield a sword better than most men he had ever seen before. 

"That disgusting scar upon your face. How did you get it?" Joffrey asked Jaslin as he pointed to the thin long lined scar just below her right cheek bone. 

Jaslin could feel an entirely new hatred for the little smug prince. Everyone in Winterfell had known how she had got the scar, sometimes she would catch them looking, but no one had ever spoken to her about it so coldly before. 

"It happened when I was a child, your grace, not long after my mother's death" Jaslin replied with a neutral voice and expression. 

"Yes, but how did it happen? If I am forced to look at it, I must at least know why?" Joffrey laughed as Robb and Jon came to her side. 

"Well, you don't have to look at it" Robb growled. 

"Do you threaten me, I am your prince. How dare you speak to me like that!" Joffrey suddenly scoffed loudly as the training yard grew quiet.

"There is no need for that. Most know the story and I have nothing to hide. I was seven, I was upset about something or another, it doesn't matter. All I know is that I was upset enough to run away from Winterfell in the dead of the night. No clothes, no supplies, not even a pair of shoes. Three days earlier, two wildlings had managed to make the climb over the wall. So as I snuck out of the grounds of the castle, I ran straight into the arms of them. They hurt me for a while and then left me for dead with the scar that disgusts you so" Jaslin explained with even colder eyes. 

Sandor felt a wash of shame run through him, the girl has been through things, seen things most knights nowadays never even dream of. Yet there she stood, alone, but not afraid.

Joffrey on the other hand just scoffed at her in disgust before quickly leaving, with Sandor following behind as usual.

Back in the training yard, Robb affectionately stroked Jaslins head before going back to his own training, leaving Jon and her alone.

"Things between us, we are okay right Jon?" Jaslin asked with worry.

"Of course. I'm sorry about last night. I feel terrible in myself. I should have never - I just... and you are so-".

"I love you Jon, but last night. That cant happen. It wouldnt be right" she sighed, interrupting Jon before he could say anything else. Jaslin then quickly walked away, fighting back tears and an overwhelming feeling of worry.

Later that day Arya and Jaslin were playing. Pretending to be knights as they fought with sticks of bread for swords. As Jaslin chased her down the corridors of Winterfell, she ran towards the great hall. When Arya entered she quickly stopped, and Jaslin running after her, tripped over the small girl as she entered the room.

"Oh, your grace. Please forgive us we-" Jaslin began to think of how they could explain the situation to the King, Queen, their children and the queens twin brother who sat at the top table in the hall.

"No need for apologies child. Come join us, you both must be hungry after that great battle" he laughed as his entire body jiggled with him.

"You are too kind, your grace" Jaslin smiled as she shot Arya the 'behave' look, and walked further into the room.

Stood by the back wall was Sandor, or as Jaslin only knew him as Dog. Once again she could sense him following her with his eyes as she walked up the hall and took a seat at the table.

"So my brother tells me that you train with the men in the art of swordmanship?" The queen spoke with a look of disgust towards Jaslin.

"Yes... Your grace" Jaslin replied with a soft polite tone.

"She's the greatest fighter in Winterfell... except for father of course" Arya announced proudly.

"And you feel this is an appropriate thing for a lady to do? It obviously has it's effect on the younger Stark children" Cersi asked.

"Lord Stark - "

"Lord Stark explained to me why he allowed it. Told me the story. You need not explain yourself here child" King Robert interrupted and flashed his wife a mean look.

Queen Cersi scoffed as she raised from the table and ordered her children to follow. The King seemed to pay her now mind and Jaslin and Arya finished their meal in an awkward silence.

After supper, Jaslin had seen Arya to bed and then made her way to her own chambers. Paying little mind to what was ahead she she hummed to herself and thought of how Jon had kissed her the previous night.

Suddenly, Jaslin walked into what felt like a wall and went back on to the ground. Looking up with shook, she realised she had just walked into Prince Jofferys guard.

"Apologises Ser, I was clumsy and not looking ahead" Jaslin stuttered as she pulled herself up from the ground and cautiously looked up at the scarred man.

"Aye, I am no knight though girl. So don't call me Ser" he grunted.

"What do I call you then?" She asked without even realising what she was doing.

"Dog, hound. Whatever you want. I don't care".

"So long as it is not Ser. But you must have a name?"

"Sandor Clegane, girl. Now come on, a girl should not be wondering the halls alone. Don't know who she'll walk into next. I'll escort you back".

"My name is Jaslin, not girl, and this is my home. I am perfectly able to walk back alone".

"Aye, suit yourself" he grumbled before continuing down the corridor.

Jaslin watched him leave, waiting until he was out of sight before finally heading back to her room.