Chapter Thirty-nine

"Sandor" Jaslin gasped.

As morning broke, the couple had finally returned to their camp. What they found their arrival sent a sickness running through Jaslins soul. Dead bodies lay spread out across the ground. The tents and huts had been set ablaze and only the crackling smoking remains were left behind. Jaslin quickly ran over to the body of Elya and feel to her knees. The woman had had her throat slight open and he dress torn apart.

As Jaslin cradled the dead body of her friend in her arms, Sandor walked slowly over to where they had been building the Sept. Hanging from the high middle beams was the body of Ray. They had been dead for at least a few hours and Sandor closed his eyes a guilt and shame filled his mind.

"Jaslin, pack what you can, the attackers may still be near. We need to leave, now!" Sandor commanded as he tried to come up with some sort of plan.

Jaslin couldn't move, frozen with guilt as she looked down at her dead friend. If only she and Sandor had stayed close to the camp, they would have been able to protect this defenceless and gently people, but they hadn't. They had left them alone and their life was now no longer. Sandor ended up packing their belongings and had to force Jaslin go her feet.

"You can grieve later woman" he grumbled as he pulled her under his arm and head her away from the camp.

The couple walked in silence for the rest of the morning. The only sound was of the soft cries Jaslin made as Sandor continued to practically carry her. He had no idea where to lead them to now, there last chance at safety and peace destroyed by some unknown cunts. The only thing Sandor was certain on was that no matter what, he would not lose Jaslin again.

Suddenly the sound of laughter and the smell of cooking meats filled the air. Jaslin quickly stopped her sobs as Sandor pulled them to a stop and listened out carefully.

"Stay here woman, hide well and do not leave without me. I will be back, I promise you" he whispered as she gently let go of her and she nodded in understanding.

Jaslin crawled to a near by tree trunk and hide behind it, cradling their few belongings to her chest. Twisting her head around slightly, she watch silently as Sandor approach the group with his axe in hand. Jaslin had seen a change in Sandor during their time with the gently folk, he became less angry and thirsty to kill. The Sandor she saw now was the one she had met in Winterfell. Mean, angry and deadly.

With just one swing of his axe, Sandor chopped of the first man head like a chicken and then slammed it down into the chest of the second. Crashing his axe, he cut down the third man and gravely hurt the last.

"Where's the others in your group, I've seen the tracks, I know there's more of you" Sandor hissed as the dying man feel to his knees.

"Fuck youuu" the man cried.

"Are those really gonna be your last words. Come on, you can do better than that" Sandor growled.

"Cunt" the man spat nervously

"You're shit at dying, you know that?" Sandor replied and with one last blow, crashed his axe down into the man's skull.

"Jaslin, come on, there's still more of them our ere" Sandor roared.

This time Sandor did not help his woman walk. Adrenaline pumped through his veins as the only thing he could concentrate on was killing the rest of them men that had ruined everything for them. Jaslin knew better than to protest him, she could practically feel the heat of his anger oozing from his body as he marched onwards.

It wasn't long until they found the other men, but this time someone had already go for them.

"Clegane?" Beric announced as he turned from the three men he was preparing to hang.

"What the fuck are you doing out ere? And whose this?" Loras asked and turned to Jaslin with a wicked smile.

"Chasing them, and she ain't none of your business. What the fuck are you doing?" Sandor replied as he glared at the three men with ropes around their neck.

"Hanging them, they were our men. Or they were until the attacked a near by Sept and murdered the villagers. Why do you want them?" Beric answered as his man Loras continued to smile at Jaslin.

"Same reason. I was helping build it. They killed a friend of mine".

"You've got friends Clegane?" Loras chuckled.

"Not anymore, and their mine" Sandor growled as he walked closer to the men.

"Not anymore. It's the brotherhood name they dragged through the dirt".

"I've killed you once before Beric. I'm happy to do it again" Sandor hissed as the brotherhood men reached for the weapons.

"Perhaps we share in this justice. Allow us one, they killed out friends, raped the women. My sword is still yet to tasty revenge for them" Jaslin quickly called out as she approached the men.

"Who are you?" Beric asked with a look of intrigue.

"Why Beric, I am offended. I am Lady Jaslin of House Frost. You were a good man once Beric, loyal to Ned Stark. Let us not fight now, especially when there is no need for it"

"God's, I have not seen you since a child. I thought out dead. Wait, what on earth are you doing with Clegane?" Beric gasped as his face lightened.

"In times such as these a woman wishes to stay close to her husband" she shrugged with a slight gleam to her eye.

"You're married to that?!" Loras scoffed as he looked between the two.

"Yes, and I assure you Ser, I am just as deadly so watch your tongue or I'll cut it out. Now, give me one of these men to kill and we can go on our merry fucking way".

"I like her" Loras smiled as he patted Beric on the back.

"Very well, but we are not monsters. You may kick the bucket from under them" Beric sighed.

"Where the justice in that. A quick death, I ought to cut there fucking body apart, limb by limb" Sandor grumbled.

"Thank you Ser Beric" Jaslin smiled, ignoring her husband as she approached the middle man and kicked the bucket from under him.

"May you face worse in the after life" Jaslin hissed as she watch the life leave the man's eyes.

"You got anything to eat then?" Sandor asked.