Chapter Twelve

"Wake up child" Ned urged Jaslin as he gently shook her sleeping body.

'Ned" she gasped and pulled the covers to her chin.

"We must speak, some terrible things have happened" he sighed.

Jaslin only nodded silently and watched as Ned took a seat on the edge of her bed.

"My lady wife has taken Tyrion Lannister as prisoner. I hadn't told you before, but someone broke into the Winterfell to try and kill Bran. Cat then travelled here to speak with me, showed me the blade the failed attacker planned to use. Lord Baelish informed me this blade belonged to one, Tyrion Lannister. So I sent Cat back home. On the way she found him at an inn just south of the Neck, and has taken him to her sisters, to stand trial for the charges".

Jaslin did not know what to say at first, but when Ned looked at her for a reply, she quickly reached out for his hands. "Ned, you cannot honestly trust the word of that snake Baelish. Why on earth would Tyrion send someone to hurt Bran. It doesn't make sense, and now she has taken him. Seven hells Ned, does she know what dangerous position this puts all of us in here, surrounded by golden lions. You must send word to her, command she let him go and apologise to the Lannisters".

"They tried to kill my son, Jaslin" he sighed again.

"According to littlefinger, but I'd say anything he speaks is a lie. I do not believe Tyrion did this. We should be thankfully he was unhurt, and look around us for the true killer" Jaslin pleaded.

Ned had always known Jaslin would speak sense. Despite her younger age, she was the wisest person he had ever met, always able to quickly analysis a situation for its true and real meaning.

Ned realised then what he needed to do first. Standing from the bed, he left Jaslin and walked to collect a small group of his households guards 

"We need to pay Lord Baelish a visit" he hissed with venom.

It was later in the afternoon when Jaslin next saw anyone. She had been reading by her window when one of the Stark guards knocked at her door.

"Lord Stark has been hurt, he is asking to speak with you".

Jaslin quickly followed the guard to the Tower of the hand.

"My god Ned, what has happened?" She cried as she rushed past the king and queen and fell to her knees at the side of his bed.

"Lord Stark was leaving a brothel when he-" Cersi began to explain coldly.

"Shush woman, let us leave him with Lady Frost" Robert roared and quickly pulled her away.

Once they were finally alone, Jaslin sat on the edge of his bed and took his hands in his own.

"Jamie, he did this. Cut down 5 of my men. It's because of Cat, he wants his brother back" he whispered.

"And have you sent word to her?"

"Aye, sent my best guard up with a letter. I just pray he makes it in time for all our sakes".

"Robert will not allow anything to happen to you and the girls. He loves you like a brother Ned".

"Aye, perhaps once. He won't bother himself now though, he takes no interest in anything. Our king is off on a 2 day hunting trip tomorrow, leaving me in charge of the kingdom as I drown in lions".

"I will help you Ned, in any way I can. You will not have to do this alone. Where is Jamie now?"

"Jamie has fled the kingdom. As for you sweet child, all I require is that you keep an eye on my girls. Ensure they remain safe and are kind to one another".