Chapter Forty-one

Jaslin was dreaming once again as she rode on the back of Sandors horse. She was flying high above the trees in the form of a snow owl. The wind was brushing through her feathers, but she felt no cold as she looked down at the ground below. Just ahead was Winterfell, it was now covered in the banners of House Bolton.

As Jaslin continued to soar through the cold air, flying around the many towers and high walls, she saw two people jump from the south wall. The jump was high and would likely kill them, but as the fell into the heavy snow below, they finally reappeared and began running towards the woodlands.

"Woman, wake up" Sandor suddenly commanded as the horses were pulled to a stop.

"Hounds" Beric whispered as they all listened to the distant hallows.

"Ain't nothing around here but for Winterfell" Thoros shrugged.

"The Boltons have Winterfell" Jaslin quickly added.

"Aye, and it's not secret of the Bolton bastards being a fan for visous hounds" Beric replied.

"We should split up, met back at 20 miles north of Winterfell. We're less likely to be caught in smaller groups" Jaslin suggested.

"Aye the girls right, and set the horse free, their only make the track easier to spot" Sandor grunted as he jumped from his horse and helped Jaslin down.

"20 miles north Clegane. We'll wait for time but then head to the wall. Good luck" Beric nodded as the group began to jump down from their rides and take various paths north.

"What did you see this time?" Sandor asked Jaslin as they walked alone but carefully through the dense woodlands.

"Winterfell, I was flying above it when I saw two people jump from.the South wall. It must be who they are chasing".

The couple had been walking for near two hours, listening carefully to the distant hallows of the hunting dogs. No matter which way they turned, the sounds were slowly becoming louder and louder.

"We need to hide, take cover and hide our scent. The beasts will be on us soon" Sandor whispered up ahead.

"Here, there is a small covern in the river bank" Jaslin replied as she looked around and spotted the perfect place.

"Aye, cover yourself in mud too".

Jaslin did as instructed and covered her clothes and face in dirt before slowly slipping down the river bank and towards the small shelter.

"Stay back" a shaky voice suddenly warned as Theon Greyjoy jumped from the shelter.

"You" Jaslin hissed as she remembered what Jon had told her about the boy.

"Lady Jaslin... quick, hurry" Theon suddenly stuttered as he looked around the area and knelt back down into the small mud cave.

Jaslin looked over at Sandor with a look for confusion.

"We can ask question later. Hurry now before they find us" he grunted.

At the sound of another nearby hound, Jaslin quickly ducked under the river overgrowth and into the small shelter.

"My god".

Inside Jaslin found another person, one she had been looking for for a long time.

"Jaslin" Sansa cried as she crawled towards her and hurried her face in Jaslins neck.

"I dont-" Jaslin whispered but quickly stopped when Sandor cupped his hand around her mouth and pointed upwards.

There were sounds of steps above them. Sandor quickly pushed further into.the cave and covered Jaslin and Sansa completely with his body. Sansa just stared blankly at Jaslin and held back tears as they listened to the voice overhead.

"The tracks disappear".

"Must have jumped down into the waters".

"There's more footprints though".

"I dunno, just keep looking. If we go back empty handed it will be use the mad shit cuts open".

Jaslin continued to hold Sansa, trying to keep her warm as the Bolton men jumped down into the river bank.

"Ere what's this?"

Suddenly day light filled the cave as one of the men pulled back the overgrowth. Sandor quickly kicked back at the men as charged out. Jaslin instantly let go of Sansa to try and help Sandor, but the young girl would not release her and began to beg her not to leave.

"Work for your sins and take my sword" Jaslin hissed at Theon.

Theon nodded fearfully and reached out of the sword on her belt before stepping out into the riverbank. Jaslin could only sit and listen to the sounds of the fighting outside. Cradling the shaking Sansa in her arms as she prayed for Sandors safety.

"It's clear, come on" Sandor called out a short while later.

"They'll be more of them arohnd" Theon stuttered.

"Aye, which is why we best keep going" Jaslin shot back.

"Wh-wh-where can we g-g-go?" Sansa cried.

"To castle black, just a few days walk. We can make it Sansa. I promise. We will keep you safe now" Jaslin replied.

Nodding at her husband, Sandor pushed the Greyjoy boy ahead as they lead the way. Slowly, the sounds of men and hounds faded away and they finally made more distance between themselves and Winterfell.

"What happened to you sweet one? Why did you flea the city without me? And where have you been since?" Jaslin asked as they made camp 20 miles north of Winterfell, waiting for the brotherhood.

"Littlefinger said I had to, if I didn't I would die there. After tmJoffreys death I had no choice. I had no idea they were going to kill him though. You must believe me, I would have never ran from you if I had known".

"Of course. It was.. is still a dangerous time. I know what it is to feel desperate and alone, but what happened after then? How did you end up at Winterfell?"

"He.. He.. little Finger. He did all of this. I was so scared Jaslin. So scared".

Suddenly Sansa began to cry uncontrollably. Jaslin quickly pulled the young girl into her arms and held her tightly.

"You're safe now Sansa. I promise you. I will never let anyone harm you again".