Chapter Forty-six

Our lives will never been the same from today.

The same words Jaslin had told him the last time they stood within the walls of Winterfell replayed over and over in his mind. Jon was currently sat at the head table within the hall of Winterfell. The knights of the Vale argued with the other loyal houses over the position of the wildlings, but Jon struggled to take in their words. Finally He had enough of their arguing though and rose from his chair.

"The free folk, the northerns and the knights of the Vale fought bravely and together and we won. My father use to say that we find our true friends on the battlefield. Our war is not over though. Winter is upon us and the enemy will not hide from the cold. He brings the cold".

As Jon sat back down the men became to talk among themselves. They only stopped when the young Lady Mormont stood up and addressed them all.

"You son was butchered at the we'd wedding Lord Manderly, but you refused the call. You swore loyalty to House Stark Lord Glover, but in their hour of greatest need you refused the call. And you, Lord Cerwyn, your father was skinned alive by Ramsay Bolton, yet still you refused the call. House Mormont remembers, the North remembers. We know no king, but the King In the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard, Ned Starks blood runs through his veins. He's my King, from this day and until his last day".

As the young lady stood back her seat Jaslin rose from hers. "The North remembers. To the white wolf. My King In the North".

Jon quickly turned to face her and smiled softly as she stood proudly. Slowly one by one each house began to rise from their seats. Soon the only words heard within the hall were 'King in the North' over and over again as they chanted at the top of their lungs. The only two in the room not joining in was Lady Sansa and Baelish.

"Why is that snake here" Jaslin groaned as she and Sandor walked into their private bedchambers later that day.

"He's Lord of the Vale now. If Jon wants his men and their support, we'll  have to put up with their Lord".

"I don't like the control he has over Sansa. I know she and him saved us from likely death, but why on earth did she not confide her plan in me".

"I don't know" he sighed and sat back into the bed.

Slowly, Jaslin began to untie the straps of her dress, allowing it to flow down to the floor. Sandor watched carefully as she walked over to him and stood between his open legs.

"I thought I might lose you yesterday" she whispered as Sandor stroked the back of her legs.

"Aye me too" he sighed.

"I can't even lose you Sandor. I refuse to live in this world without you. Do you understand me".

"I do".

Jaslin took one of his hands and placed it on her stomach. "I feel like me may not be alone anymore. I sense another, I feel it in my heart".

Sandors eyes suddenly widened and he pulled her on to the bed and moved to hover over her. "You telling me your with child woman?"

"I believe so. Last night when we took back Winterfell... i felt movement in my stomach and my breats have grown larger over the last months. I hadn't thought anything off it, not until last night" she smiled.

"My pups inside of you. Fuck. Well that battle was the last you'll be taken part in. We must have a warrior inside of you to survive that though".

Jaslins smile slowly faded as her eyes began to fill with tears. Turning her head to the side, she quickly tried to hide her weakness from him.

"What is it?" He questioned her and turned her face back to his.

"I fear I shall lose another child".

"I'm not leaving you this time. I will protect you and our baby with my last breath. You have nothing to fear, not whilst I'm around".

Jaslin could only smile at his promise and the seriousness in his voice. Gently, Sandor reached down and pressed his lips against her and all of Jaslins worries seemed to melt away.

The next day Jon and Jaslin were walking through the cypts of Winterfell.

"Sansa set the dogs on Ramsay. There isn't much left of him now" he told her as they stopped by Neds burial place.

"He got what he deserved. I am glad Sansa is strong and not allowing the terrors he did to her haunt her future".

"She has learnt from your strength" he smiled.

They both fell silent as they stared upon the stone statue of Ned. "I know you know I visited the Maester this morning Jon. Will you not ask me why?"

"I already know" he shrugged without looking at her.

"How?" She gasped and turned to face him.

"There are... visual changes" he smirked and looked down at her breasts.

Jaslin smiled at him and shook her head as she wrapped her cloak tightly around her.

"So my grace, are you happy? Will you bless me and my child?" She teased.

"My grace. That will take some getting use too" he chuckled back.

"Just don't forget about me Jon".

Quickly Jon turned to face her and grabbed onto both her arms. "I would never forget you my lady".

"Ahh would you look at this. True friendship and love. It must be nice" Baelish suddenly smiled out of the darkness.

Jon suddenly let go of Jaslin and stood in front of her. Slowly, Baelish came more into the light of their torch and smiled at them both.

"You don't belong down here" Jon scrowled at him.

"Of course, and forgive my intrusion. Allow me secondly to wish you congratulations on your pregnancy as well Lady Clegane".

"Why are you still here? What is it you want?" Jaslin hissed at him.

"I came at the request of the Lady Stark and remain here on her request.  I am afraid to admit, but I fear i would do anything for Sansa. Such a beauty just as her mother. My weakness I confess".

Suddenly, Jaslin pushed past Jon and slammed Baelish back against the cold and damp wall of the crypt. With the steel of her blade at his throat, she brought her lips close to his ear.

"Do you remember my promise Lord Baelish?"

"Of... of course my lady" he stuttered nervously as Jon smirked at him.

"Well let me remind up just in case. Stay away from Sansa, or I do promise you Lord Baelish, your little finger is all they will find of you. I am not someone to break my promises. This I can assure you".