Chapter Fifty-five

The morning before everyone was due to leave for the south, Jon had called on his sisters, Bran and Jaslin to met in by the Weirwood tree alone. None of them knew what Jon had called on them for, well definitely not the girls, the gods only knew what Bran was or was not aware of these days. 

"Is everything okay?" Jaslin had asked first as they gathered together.

"I'm about to take out forces to the south, I need to know I have my family behind me. I cannot fight the last battle whilst we are also fighting our own".

"It's all too rushed, Jon. I understand we gave this queen our word, but the forces need to recover" Sansa sighed.

"She is your queen too and if it wasn't for her we would all be dead" he snapped back.

"Arya was the one who killed the Knight King" Sansa reminded him. 

"Jon, we understand that you swore yourself and the north to her. We needed her, we needed her army and dragons and I know now that you did the right thing, but now we are doing the right thing in asking you to be cautious of your queen. I grew to know her at Dragonstone and I know you love her, but that does not mean we can trust her completely" Jaslin added in a calmer tone.

"We're your family Jon, we would not speak to so honestly if we were not. You are a Stark and I don't that you're a bastard, you're my brother and we are the last remaining Starks" Arya insisted. 

"I've never been a Stark" Jon sighed.

"You are just as much Ned Starks child as any of us. You are our brother. Not my half brother or bastard brother" Sansa quickly injected and both she and Arya walked up to him.

Jaslin remained silent, watching the pain in Jons face as the two girls continued to talk at him. There was something he was not telling them, Jaslin knew him better than anyone and she knew there was something eating him up inside. 

"What is it, Jon? What is it that pains you?" Jaslin asked softly.

For the first time, Jon seemed to find the courage to look at her and with a deep breath, he told them the truth. Jon Snow was no bastard. 

After a morning of mind-blowing news, Jaslin took her newborn child to say goodbye to Sandor, who was stood in the courtyard, preparing his horse to travel south. Their goodbye would be a painfully sad one, both of them knowing who he was leaving to fight. Jaslin would never ask or plea with him to stay though, she knew this was something he had to do in order to live a peaceful life after all was done. So she smiled sweetly, kissed him and gently and watched as he packed to leave. 

"Don't worry about him. He won't be alone" Arya suddenly announced behind the couple.

"Oh really?" Jaslin smiled.

"Yes. I'm going to kill Cersi". 

As Jaslin watched Arya and Sandor ride away from Winterfell, Sansa came to her side and placed a supporting hand on her shoulder. When they could no longer make the figures of them in distance, the two walked back into the castle.

"It's not right. You heard what Jon said, he is the rightful heir. He should be King, not some unknown and untrustworthy dragon queen" Sansa ranted as Jaslin put her child into the crypt. 

"He does not want it, we cannot force him into something he refuses. There's also the slight issue that he loves her".

Sansa shook her head in defeat and flopped down onto the chair in the bay window. Jaslin could see the torn emotions on her tired face and she wondered what was truly going on inside her head. Sansa would never let her completely in though, even after everything they had been through, she would always guard her heart and inner thoughts with a wall as frozen as the North.