Chapter Thirty-Two

"So child, these dreams, are you in your own form or another?" Maester Aemon asked with his blind eyes closed.

"At first I was myself, well a ghost of myself, but then I started to dream in another form, sometimes a bear or a snow owl".

"And what do you see?"

"I use to see things from the past and other things which I do not believe had happened yet. They were so vivid and real though. Now in the animal forms I am in the present, travelling across the kingdom and beyond the wall".

"And what do you see across the wall?".

"Forest lands... for a time. Then vast icy and snow covered landscapes, no people or tree, just ice. It always ends the same way, I reach this old castle of ice, inside there is a baby, alone but not crying and eyes. Hundreds of ice blue eyes staring at me. After that I wake up".

Aemon remained silent for a moment, taking in what the young woman had told him.

"It's white walkers is it not. I've read about them, how they lived high in the north with their cold dead eyes". Jaslin asked again as a shiver than through her body.

"The white walkers were defeated a long time ago, before you and I or our ancestors were even born. Tell me Lady Frost, what do you know of you house and it's history".

"No much Maester, just that I have read in books".

Aemon smiled softly. "It is said the first of your name came from far north, possibly as far north as the lands go, hence the name Frost. It is also said your first ancestors travelled south with a young man who had laid with a child of the Forrest. They had created a child. This child grew up to become-"

"Tirius, first of his name and the first of the Frost name" Jaslin smiled, remembering the stories old nan had told her.

"Exactly. Tirius was said to have abilities like no other man, to dream and change form into what person or creature he wished. A warg. His children and those following where also said to have these abilities, the last known one being Brack Frost, who helped Brandon the builder of House Stark build this ever wall, and creating the strong bond between the two houses after that".

"You are surely not implying that I too am a warg?" Jaslin smiled.

"It is simply a story Lady Jaslin, but dig deep enough into any old story and you will find truth".

"Perhaps, but Maester, how do I stop these terrible dreams?"

"You can't my child. You are gifted, whether you wish to accept it or not. We all serve some form of role for purpose in this world. That is why you are still alive, despite the house of Frost fading into the history books. Use these dreams, learn what you can from them, there will be a meaning behind it all".

Later that evening Jaslin returned to the Lord Commander chambers which had been gifted to her whilst she stayed at castle black. She had missed dinner by now, but she was not hungry enough to care, still to occupied by what Aemon had told her.

As she sat by the fire and stared into the flames, there was a knock at her door.

"Jon" she smiled as he walked inside the warm room.

"How did it go with Aemon?"

"He told me the history of my house... The implied I may be a warg?" She smiled.

Jon eyes went wide as he sat on the edge of the bed at the corner of the room.

"I always knew you were.... different" he finally teased and Jaslin came over to sit next to him.

"As the snow with a Direwolf for a pet" she scoffed and nudged him with her side.

"You cruel woman" he gasped and began to tickle her side's.

Jaslin was soon in a fit of giggles as he feel back onto her back and tried to wiggle away from him on the bed.

"Jon please, I yield, I yield" she snorted.

"You sure?" Jon smiled as he suddenly crawled over her.

"Jon" Jaslin whispered as she felt his warm breath on her neck.

Jon did not reply and moved down into her body as he placed his lips to her neck. The touch of him on her skin sent a shiver through Jaslins entire body. Slowly, Jon began to kiss up her neck, across her jawline and finally to her lips. As they deepened the kiss, Jaslin could feel him move his hand up her dress and begin to squeeze her breast. The movement caused Jaslin to gasp in the kiss. Suddenly the feeling of shame and guilt washed through her body. This was not right, she loved Jon, he had been her rock during their childhood, a brother to her. Jaslins heart also still longer for another, and no amount of time would change that.

Slowly, Jaslin placed her hands on Jons chest and pushed him back. As their lips parts, Jon looked at her with a confused look.

"We cannot Jon" she whispered as he leant off her and sat back.

"I am sorry, I do not mean to lead you on or tease. I am lonely and I miss a connection, but it's not you, I still love another Jon" she sighed heavily as she too sat up and looked back at her dearest friend.

"The hound?" He almost scoffed.

"He is a good man, my husband and I love him, differently to the way I love you Jon. You are also a man of the nights watch now. We cannot do this".

Jon could see the sadness in her eyes, and despite his confusion and slightly annoyance, he felt guilt for his actions. "I am sorry Jaslin, I didn't mean to cause you sadness. You have been here now three weeks and I had missed you so much. And now you are to leave again tomorrow..."

"This will not be the last time we meet Jon. I promise you" Jaslin urged as she reached across the bed and grabbed onto his hand tightly.

"I hope so Jaslin. I truly do".