Chapter Fifty

As Daenarys flew off on Drogon, Jaslin and Jorah left on one of the ships for East Watch with Tyrion and Davos who had returned from Kings Landing earlier that day. It would take them a couple of days to sail that far north, but hopefully by the time she returned so would Daenarys and the rest of the group. 

"Look, it seems we arrived just in time" Tyrion smiled at her as they docked into the bay as saw two large dragons flying over them high above.

The moment the ship was pulled in, Jaslin ran onto solid ground and up to East Watch castle. As she sprang through the castle gates and into the courtyard she caught her first glimpse of Sandor. Without even a word she ran into his arms and buried her face into his chest. "I told you I'd return". 

Smiling, Jaslin pulled back from him and looked around the rest of the group, they had lost several of the free folk and a couple of the men from the brotherhood with banners, including Thoros. 

"Where's Jon?"

She didn't need the answer in words when she saw the look on Sandors face and the way he turned to look at Beric and Daenarys. 

"No... No that's not possible - he can't be..." 

"He didn't make it onto Drogon on time, there was tens of thousands for them. He ended up fighting them back whilst the rest of us could escape" Daenarys came over to the explain as she rested a hand on her shoulder. 

"So you didn't see him die, he could still be alive - he could be on his way back right now!".

Daenarys looked at her with a worried look and then moved her eyes slowly over to Sandor. Jaslin didn't care though, there was still a chance and even with the small oddest, she would find hope from it. Quickly leaving the group and their questionable worried looks, she headed for the lift to the top of the ice wall. From up there she would be able to see for miles and therefore Jon when he finally arrived back to them.

Jaslin must have been at the top of the wall for several hours before someone finally came to her side. At first she expected it to be Sandor, but that wasn't the case.

"You and the child will freeze up here" Daenarys shivered as a sudden strong  blast of the northern wind blew threw their furs. 

"You have the blood of the dragon, able to survive the fires. I have the blood of the north, I do not feel the cold as others do. I have been up here trying to see from another eyes, fly across the vast north and search out Jon. Something is blocking me though, whenever I try all I see if cold blue eyes".

"I... I don't understand".

"She's a warg" another voice suddenly announced behind them.

Both the girls turned around to see Sandor looking back at them. His eyes showed a deadly seriousness as intense stare focused on Jaslin. "You'll freeze up here woman, Frost or Clegane, the cold is the cold". 

"He's right, we cannot wait much longer. Jon would want us to carry on". 

Jaslin knew both of them were right, but to leave the wall, to leave the north without Jon. That was to give up, assume his death and the idea that she would never see him again and that was something she could not do. Sighing heavily she turned back to far the vastness of the north, staring out into the abyss. 

"Jon" she whispered.

That's when she saw it, a first just a small black dot in the distance, but the longer she looked the more clear it became. Slumped over the back of a horse was Jon, his body lifelessly flopping around as the bells from the watchman rang out. Jon had returned to them. 

By the time Jaslin had come down from the wall, Jon had already been taken back onto the ship by Davos. When she found him, Davos was removing his frozen clothes and wrapping him in warmed blankets and furs. 

"He's still alive... somehow" Davos explained as she stood by the doorway.

"What happens now?" she asked, her voice a airy whisper as she looked at her unconious friend.

"We'll set sail for Kings Landing. Tyrion managed to negotiate a meeting and we have our proof of the white walkers. No we just have to hope that they'll listen".

"Daenarys and Sandor, they told me there were thousands of them, more than any man could count".

"The south will help us, how could they not at this point. These monsters will come for all of us, north or south. You'll be okay though, he'll make sure of that" Davos smiled and nodded behind her. 

Suddenly, Jaslin could feel the warm and large hands of Sandor wrap from behind her and place themselves on her growing baby bump. She smiled softly at the old smuggler one last time before taking her husbands hand and heading to her own private quarters.  She spent the rest of the day bathing Sandor in a deep tub of warm, old spice scented water. Rubbing a large sponge over his shoulders and taking care to nurturer the skin where the frost had bitten him. Neither from spoke much, saying more with the gentle and intimate touches and looks. She had hoped he would have taken her after that, but Sandor was still exhausted from his adventures north and quickly fallen asleep in the arms of the woman he loved more than anything. 

Once Sandor had fallen into a deep sleep, his snores bouncing off the wooden walls, Jaslin shuffled from under the weight of his head which lay in her lap and quietly left the room. She had not have chance to speak with Jon earlier and hoped he had now woken up. When she reached his door Tyrion was already stood in the corridor. 

"He isn't alone".

Jaslin moved closer to the slightly opened door and saw Daenarys sitting on the edge of Jons bed. He was awake and speaking with her, but she couldn't make out the words from the dark corridor.  When she saw Jon lean up and move his lips to her, Jaslin didn't need to know what they were saying.

"He loves her... doesn't he?" she whispered and turned away to look at the dwarf.

"Yes, and I believe she may love him also".