Chapter Fifty-seven

"What is it? What was happening?" Sansa asked Jaslin desperately as she came back to her own reality.

"We need to leave for Kings Landing... Now".

Jaslin, Sansa, Brienne and a small guard leave for the city straight away. Taking a ship straight to Black Water Bay in order to arrive as soon as possible. During the fortnight journey, Jaslin tells them everything she saw, and how she had used the dragons against one another. They had also sent a raven to Jon, to inform them of their journey so when they arrived he waiting for them at the bay.

"Jon!" Jaslin cried and ran into his arms.

"The Queen wishes to speak with you straight away... alone".

"Alone? That is not happening Jon. Can you not truly see her true side now. She is as mad as her father... just look at the city" Sansa argued.

"And still our Queen" he snapped.

Jaslin sighed heavily, she knew this conversation would not go nowhere. Both sides would never see the same picture in front of them, and all she wanted to was find Sandor and leave as quickly as possibly. Maybe they could run away to free cities, live out the rest of the years under the warm sun.

"Sandor... is he?"

"He lives, I am sure he will have a story or two to tell you after this, but you must head to the Red Keep first" Jon replied.

Cradling her child at her chest, she slowly turned and gently passed the only true innocent in to city to Sansa. With a nod of understanding between them both, she then turned back to Jon and motioned for him to lead the way.

When they walked into what was once the Grand Hall, Jaslin could hardly believe the destruction around her. Half the ceiling had crumbled away, and just like the rest of the city, a thick layer of ash covered the floor. At the end of the hall, on the Iron Throne sat Daenerys, the Queen of the Ashes.

"Oh Jaslin you came. I knew you would keep your promise to me. You are a true friend" she announced as they neared her.

"Of course, your grace".

Jaslin knew she had to be careful in both what she said and how she said it. So she smiled softly and approached the woman as an old friend would.

"It is wonderful that you have arrived. My previous hand betrayed me and I need another, one I can trust completely, such as you".

"It would be a honor".

Daenerys only seemed to notice Jon still stood a few steps behind Jaslin. Smiling, she held her hand out for him. "Jon, you may leave us alone now. We shall return to you shortly, thank you".

Jon did not want to leave her alone with the Queen. She had not seen the madness, the death the queen had brought to the city and he worried for her. He could not go against her though and had trust Jaslin would be able to handle the situation, so nodding he took his leave, leaving the two women he loved alone.

"We have liberated the city, now we have to continue, the north, the east and the west. There is still so much work to do" Daenerys smiled as she took Jaslins hands in her own.

"Work or destruction. My grace, have you seen the city, the burnt bodies of people, of children. Death and ash covers the city".

"The price of war".

"The city was yours, they have surrendered. You did not need to burn the city, please I beg of you, as both a friend and loyal follower, please do not bring another city to ashes".

"You wish me to show mercy?"

"I beg you too. You are good woman, fair and true. Mercy was once your strength, not a weakness. Build the kingdom you wish to rule, do not destroy it".

"My children, we took the city together, until... until one turned on another. It was as though a sickness had entered his mind. I lost Drogon taking this city, my child named after the man I loved".

"I am so sorry to heard that".

"Are you, it has just come to me, Jon  he once told me how you have the powers of a warg, able to enter the body of another. And now you are here, telling me things you could not have known whilst hiding in the north".

Daenerys hold on her hands grew tighter and a fear entered her. She knew, she knew it was here that caused the death of her child.

"Your grace-"

"Tell me I am wrong, that I have come to the wrong conclusion".

Jaslin opened her mouth, trying to find the words which you help her out of this situation. "The city was falling, the innocent people of this city were burning. I saw the look I  your eye, I could no longer see you, just anger, madness and death".

"I loved you as though a sister. We could have ruled together. We could have done such great things... together".

"You grace, it is not too-"

Jaslin could not finish her sentence, suddenly a sharp pain had entered her body through her stomach. Opening her mouth, she gasped for air and reached out for Daenerys. Slowly, the Queen of the Ashes, pulled away from her, pulling out the blade from her stomach and watching as Jaslin fell to her knees.

"You broke my heart" she hissed to jaslin, whose life blood was spilling out of her stomach and onto the cracked marble floor.