Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jaslin found her sleep on their last night at the Inn troubling. Her dreams had felt so real, so troubling real. She had first seen the moment she first laid eyes upon Sandor, watching as though as ghostly spirit in the darkness, as she walked down the hall of Winterfell and felt his eyes upon her. She then saw Bran, he was falling from the tower, rushing towards the ground. Just as his body was about to make impact the vision changed, she was now sat in the long grass on the way to Kings Landing, speaking with Sandor as he had tried to intimidate her. Then just as quickly, the Spence changed to their first time alone in her chambers. Jaslin watched herself as Sandor pleasured her, making her moan louder and louder until the image changed again, she was watching Ned be executed again. The visions were all of the past, until suddenly she saw something unknown, it was Sansa, she was sailing on a boat to an unknown location, and littlefinger was whispering unheard words into her ears. Lastly, she saw Sandor, he was sat in a cave, the flickering light of fire upon his face as she saw sudden fear in his eyes.

"NOOOOO" Jaslin cried out and instantly awoke.

Suddenly she was back in her room at the Inn, alone in the darkness as he body was covered in a cold sweat. Jaslin had never experienced such vivid dreams before, seeing things she had witnessed or heard about and ones she had no idea of.

Needing fresh air to cleanse her of the nightmares, Jaslin quickly walked over to her window and pushed back the curtains, allowing the light from the rising Sun beam into the room. Quickly she pushed back the window and took a deep breath of air as there was a sudden knock at her door.

"Jaslin, I heard screaming. Are you alright?" Codin rushly asked with panic in his eyes.

"Just a bad dream. I'm sorry to have caused you worry" she smiled softly and moved back from the open window and returned to within her bed.

"Is there still no word of Sandor?" She asked.

"No sweet one, I am sorry. I sent some of my men back to the Twins to try and track him, but they lost the tracks after a short while. I also sent a few men to a near by Inn, no word of heard of him, even from the Frey guards who were drinking cheerful over their recent battle".

"It was no battle. It was slaughter" Jaslin shook in disgust.

"Of course. I must ask now, are you sure you still wish to leave today? You are still so pale and weak. After losing your child, rest is needed and plenty of it".

"No rest will bring back what I have lost, and of course I am pale. I am a Frost after all".

Codin couldn't help but smile at her confident willingness. She may have been a Frost, but she had a fierce fire burning inside of her, and one Codin pitted the foolish that tried to put it out.

Further south east in the deep woodland off the River Trident, Sandor Clegane had just battled with Beric Dondarrion after being caught in a drunken haze by the Brotherhood without Banners. The man had set his light aflame, whittling on about the Lord of Light. Arya Stark was also there, Sandor had recognised her instantly and had no idea how she had ended up with a bunch of fire worshipping outlaws. Yet, when Sandor defeated Beric and watch as as their priest Thoros bring him back to life, Arya had screamed and shouted that they mustn't let him go.

"He has been tried in front of the Lord of Light Arya. The Lord seemed it right for Sandor to win. He will not die today" Beric had tried to explain calmly to the child.

"He's a murder, a monster" she had hissed back.

Despite Arya argument, the Brotherhood allowed Sandor to leave. From his trial by combat, his drunk haze had cleared and now all he could think of was Jaslin. If she was still alive, he knew she would be heading north to the wall, to try and find the girl who was actually camped out with the Brotherhood. Although he wanted nothing more than to just leave Arya behind, Sandor knew he had to do the right thing for Jaslin and their baby.

So once Sandor was finally freed of the cave the Brotherhood had camped out in, he sat in the darkness and waited. Stalking his surroundings, he began to plan how he would manage to get the girl. There was plenty more of them than him, and despite his skill and size, an arrow in the back was still an arrow in the back. It seemed the gods were truly looking over Sandor that night though, as in the still of the night, he saw the small figure of Arya Stark rub from the mouth of the cave.

Sandor followed ailwbtly behind her as she ran into the dense woodlands, waiting for his prime moment to strike. Finally it arrived. Charging up behind the small child, Sandor grabbed held of her and placed his hand tightly across her mouth.

"If you know what's good for you girl keep quiet. We're taking a little journey north" he hissed into her ear.