Chapter Twenty-One

Once Jaslin had finally reached Sansa, she sat quietly with her in the small bed chamber holding her tightly as she sobbed into Jaslins arms and the sound of fighting vibrated through the windows. Neither girl slept that night and as the new morning sun broke across the sky, a Lannister guard came to collect them and take them to the grand hall. 

When they arrived to the hall, Lord Tywin Lannister was being named the Hand of The King and Saviour of the City, along with Lord Loras Tyrell who had also aided Tywin in defeating Stannis and his army. In thanks for this service, King Joffrey allowed Loras to make one request of him. 

"Your grace, my sister Margeary husband was taken from her before... she remains innocent. I would ask you to find it in your heart to do us the great honor of joining our houses" Loras announced as he bent to one knee in front of his king and gasps of shock hushed around the room. 

"and this is what you want Lady Margaery?" Joffrey asked and Sansa quickly grabbed onto Jaslins hand from further down the hall.

"With all my heart your grace. I have come to love you from afar. Tales of your courage and wisdom have filled my ears and taken root, deep inside of me" Margaery smiled beautifully as she glided into the open. 

"I too have heard tale of your beauty and grace, but they have not done you justice my lady. It would be an honor to return your love, but I am promised to another. A King must keep his word".

Sansas grip on Jaslins hand suddenly grew tighter. Jaslin tried to stroke her arm and comfort the young girl. 

"My King, the small council have met and decided it would no longer be correct or fitting for you to marry the daughter of a traitor. A girl whose brother is in open rebellion against you, as we speak. So for the good of the realm, your counselors beg you to put a side Lady Sansa" Cersi announced to the room as the the whispers and gasps grew louder. 

Joffery stepped from his throne and held his hand out to silent the ground. "I would like to heed your wishes, the wishes of my people and the wishes of my heart. I will therefore accept your request Lord Loras and wed your kind and sweet sister. You shall be my Queen Lady Margaery, and I shall love you from this day and until my last day". 

Clapping quickly erupted through the hall and Jaslin finally allowed herself to look down at Sansa and smile. Jaslin then took Sansa hand and began to lead her away from the hall, she had not seen Sandor since the battle and assumed he would be waiting in her chambers for her. Despite their disagreement, she knew he would not have left without her. 

"Lady Jaslin" King Joffrey suddenly announced. 

Jaslin motioned for Shae to take Sansa back to her room, and with a deep breath she turned back around and walked up the grand hall.

"Your grace" she smiled politely.

"I assume you have already been hold of your husbands actions?" He asked coldly.

Jaslin had no idea. When she had seen him last night, she knew something wasn't right, but she had been more focused on ensuring Sansa's comfort than her own husbands. Suddenly feeling ashamed and worried as to his still unknown location, Jaslin shook her head.

"He ran from battle my lady, cursed at his king and fled. I half expected to find your gone this morning, but it seems the coward left the city without his wife".

"Your grace. I don't know what to say. I thought him perhaps hurt as I have no seen him since morning yesterday" Jaslin spoke in a whisper as her mind tried to sink in the fact that Sandor had left without her.

"Very well. I shall need to speak with my council and decide what to do with you next".

With that Joffrey rose from his throne and exited the hall from the door behind his throne. Jaslin was still trying to comprehend the fact that the man who had promised his love to her had left. She had not even had time to tell them of the moon's blood she had missed, and we worried who she would be able to tell this information to now. Was there any one in the city she could rely on?

Jaslin spent the next two days in her chambers, still unable to process her situation, she had finally confided in Sansa handmaiden Shae.

"Speak to Lord Tyrion, the little lion is not like the others. He has a good heart, I believe he will help you".

Jaslin looked over at the foreign handmaiden and smiled, how had she not seen it before. Shae may be Sansa's maid, but she was also Tyrions whore.

"How long have you been sleeping with him?" She smiled.

"My lady" shae cringed and looked down at her feet.

"Shae it is quite alright. I thought myself in love with a hound last week until he showed his true colors and left here surrounded by liars and lions. Your secret is safe with me".

Later that evening, Jaslin quickly darted through the corridors of the red keep, to the chambers of Lord Tyrion Lannister. He had been hurt during the battle, and had kept to his room since then.

"My Lord, sorry for my intrusion at this hour, but I needed to speak with you. I hope you are recovering well enough" Jaslin announced once Podrick had left them alone in his sitting room.

"My face is even more uglier than before and the King named my father saviour of the city. Considering that, yes, I'm quite alright, better than you I imagine since Clegane made his leave".

"And that is what I have come to speak about with you now. I know of Shae and she told me I could find some trust in you".

"If you mean I am not as cruel or wicked as my other beloved family members, then yes, you will have my trust even more if you promise to keep your knowledge of my relations with shae a secret".

"You have that either way Tyrion. I am not a southern and have no time for games like that. My only worry is what is to become of Lady Sansa and myself, following the certain updates to the previously planned arrangements".

"May I speak frankly with you Lady Frost?"

"Please, Let us speak no other way".

"Yes well, as the northern men continue to fight against my nephew,  my Lord father will arrange another marriage for the lady Sansa, one that he hopes will keep the north in discipline once they regain control. I spoke with him yesterday and was told that I was to marry the girl. I know this may seem like the worst thing in the word to such a pretty and sweet girl, but you have my word Jaslin, she will find more kindness and peace with me than she ever would have with Joffrey. With regards to yourself, my father is still unsure, you are unlikely to marry again, but with your strong connections in the north, you cannot be simply allowed free".

"Yes, I believe I am also with child. I have told no one of this. Sansa... hell Sandor did not even know".

"Ah, well this does complicate things slightly" Tyrion sighed and poured them both a glass of wine as he let this new knowledge sink in.

"I suggest you confirm this pregnancy first and then share the news with my sister. She does not like you per say, but she respects your strength and mind. You have also committed no crime against the throne, you come from a dead family which was loyal to Robert, they will not be able to charge or mark you with anything. As a pregnant Lady of the court, you will be put under the protection of the throne, they will have no choice, and you should find some comfort in the fact that at least you will find some safety from that".

"And you are sure this is wise?"

"You will not be able to hide the pregnancy forever, soon your stomach will grow and they will find out. It will be best for you that it comes from your mouth, instead of various whispering mice".

"And Tyrion, you will be good to Sansa?"

"Of course, like I said, I may be a Lannister, but I am merely a small lion. Plus, I fear you too much to cause her any harm".

"Why Lord Tyrion, I believe this may be the beginning of a wonderful friendship" Jaslin smiled as the clinked glasses.

A/N - the next few chapter will not be following the story line as set out in the TV, I've moved around timelines and details for this story. Still lots of drama ahead, so enjoy and happy reading x