Chapter Seventeen

The royal entourage was returning to the Red Keep following a morning prayer at the Sept. Sansa was in the party, along with Lady Jaslin Frost and her husband Sandor Clegane, who had returned to his duties of protecting the boy king. The moral in the royal city had been low over the past few weeks. The people were struggling as their royal family spent more and more in the war against the north and Stannis.

As the travelled through the streets towards the red keep, crowds of people soon gathered. Quickly the people grew restless and more rowdy. One man had suddenly thrown manure at King Joffrey, which struck him in the face.

Joffrey quickly reacted with a angered temper as he screamed at his guards. "Kill them, kill them all. I want them dead".

"They want the same for you" Sandor roared as he grabbed the young boy and began to drag him to safety as the royal guards began to attack the angered crowd.

As the riot grew more wild, Sansa was pulled away from Jaslin and helped away from the madness. Jaslin could no longer see Sandor or Sansa as she was quickly pulled back into the crowd. Kicking and throwing her arms out, she managed to push the desperate common people off her. Quickly, she began to run, not knowing which direction to go in, her only thought on trying to escape the riot.

As she ran down a more quiet back street, she could hear the voices of three men chasing after her.

"Where you running to little lady" one laughed.

Jaslin kept running, the muscles in her legs burning as she tried to calm her panicked breathing. Finally, she reached a dead end. Turning around she saw the three men now approaching her slowly, laughing as she tried to look for a way to escape.

Quickly they reached her and tried to grab hold of her. Jaslin quickly slapped one of the men and tried to push the other way. It was hopeless though, the third man had quickly come over and pushed Jaslin down onto the ground on her stomach.

As complete panic and fear washed over her, she could hear the men ripping at her dress.

"You ever been fucked little girl" one of the hissed into her ear and he held her down.

He smelt of shit and cheap ale. The man couldn't haven't been much older than Sandor, but he had no hair or teeth and a large round belly that pushed into her back.

Jaslin was now begging and screaming for them to stop. Two of the men had pushed her onto her back now and held her down and the other pulled her legs apart. As the man began to undo his breeches, the large figure of Sandor appeared in the darkness behind them. With ease he picked up the man between her thighs  by the neck and sliced his sword through his torso.

Suddenly, the other two men tried to escape, but Sandor was easily able to block their exit, before cutting them down as well.

Jaslin lay on the ground, her dress tore open as she panted breathlessly in fear.

"You're alright now Jaslin, you're alright" he spoke softly and pulled her up over his shoulder.

Back inside the safety of the red keep, Sansa stood crying over her lost friend. When she say the hound suddenly appear through the doors of the wall, with Jaslin hung over his shoulder like a dead body, she almost fainted.

"She alright, just a few cuts. Have someone see to her" Sandor grunted and placed her down on the floor by Sansa who quickly fell to her side and wrapped her arms tightly around her.

"Are you alright?" Jaslin asked with a whispered tone as she cupped Sansa cheek.

"Yes, I am more worried about you. I thought you were-" Sansa began before she broke down crying again.

"I'm okay sweet one. I'm okay" she sighed and looked over to Sandor with a venom in her eyes.

Jaslin spent the rest of the day in her chambers with Sansa, as her handmaids saw to her cuts.

"They should heal with no scars my lady" one of the maids smiled softly as she finished up cleaning the cuts.

"Yes, I do not need any more" Jaslin smiled over at Sansa who still seemed to be in a state of shock.

Jaslin ordered for some lemon cakes, hoping the sugar would help calm young Sansa, and after two glasses of sweet red wine, she too allowed herself to relax.

"My lady, your husband is here" one of the handmaids announced as they had just finished off the last cake.

"Take Sansa back to her chambers and see to her. I will not require you for the rest of the night" Jaslin replied coldly as she glared at her supposive husband.

Once everyone had left, Sandor finally stepped towards her, but was quickly stopped when Jaslin threw her wine glass towards him.

"You're angry at me" he grunted.

"Oh, what possibly gave you that idea?" She hissed.

Sandor sighed heavily and stared at the woman with little emotion.

"I was almost raped today, murdered and left to rot in some alley" Jaslin began.

"Aye, and I came and saved ya".

"Not before you got your beloved king to safety. You did not take one regard for my well being when the riot broke out. I was left completely alone. What would have happened if you didn't get to me in time huh? Would you even care?" Jaslin spoke more loudly now as her eyes built with tears.

"I'm the kings sworn sword woman. What was I suppose to do, I have a duty. I got there in time didn't I? You weren't harmed"

"AND I AM YOUR WIFE, WHAT ABOUT YOUR DUTY TO ME. Yes, they may have not fucked me bloody, but what about the other damage it did. I was so scared".

The tears had now escaped her eyes and began to roll down her cheeks as Sandor stood speachless in front of her.

"What? Has the king cut out your tongue now as well? How can you possibly call me your wife when you act in such a manner. I knew, I knew I was just something for you to fuck. You don't care about me, you don't love me. Well I'll tell you this Clegane, you will never touch me again. I promise you that".

Suddenly, an anger washed over Sandor as he charged at the woman and pushed up against the wall.

"You are my wife, and I'll do as I damn well please with you" he growled into her ear now and roughly pushed his hand up between her legs.

"Fuck you" Jaslin spat.

Jaslin could feel his hot and angered breath on her face as he glared into her eyes. He was no longer the caring man who had been gentle with her and made her feel safe for the past two weeks. He was a monster, and Jaslin realised she was now only truly seeing the real him.

Soon, Sandor was unable to look at her any longer. Knowing if he stayed he would end up doing or saying things he would only regret, so finally he let go of Jaslin. Without another word he stormed out of the room.

As he slammed the door behind him, Jaslin finally let out a sigh of relief and slide down to the ground. Pulling her knees up to her chest, she allowed herself to cry and pray that Robb would save them soon.