Chapter Twenty-Three

"Lady Sansa is missing and my son is dead. Do you honestly think I will believe you had nothing to do with this?" Cersi spat at Jaslin inside the walls of her royal chambers.

"I had nothing to do with it your grace. I may not like my current situation, but would you really think me that foolish. I don't know where Sansa is or why she ran, before the wedding she had grown cold towards me, whispering with the likes of little finger. It is he you should be questioning".

"Little finger is in the vale, ensuring the control of the lands for us. Your lies will not help you now. Guards, take Lady Jaslin back to her chambers and ensure she remains there until I say else wise".

Once Jaslin had been roughly dragged back to her chambers, she finally allowed her to cry. As she flopped down into her bed and wrapped her arms around her small baby bump, a 1000 questions filled her mind. Had Sansa truly had something to do with the death of the boy king? Why had she not confided in her? Why had she left her, just like Sandor did? Was Sandor still alive? If so, did he even care about her anymore?

Jaslin feared for her fate and that of her unborn child. If the queen truly believed she had been apart of the murder, Jaslin knew she would not have long left in this world. Just as a greater panic began to wash through her, there was a sudden knock at her door. Jaslin had not expected anymore visitors that night, but was even more shocked when she say Olenna and Varys walk into her chambers.

"Child wipe your tears, we have no time for that yet" Lady Olenna announced as she approached Jaslin.

"Lady Olenna and Varys? What is the meaning of this?"

"I did not mean for this to fall upon you child. I now fear you and Tyrion will be executed and blamed for the Kings murder".

That's when Jaslin realised the truth, it was Olenna who had planned the assassination. Her hands may not have been the ones to kill him, but they were not clean of his blood.

"You did this, you did this to protect your granddaughter" Jaslin whispered to herself.

"We do not have time to discuss the matter, but you are as smart as I have heard. Now you must pack some clothes and leave this city" Olenna smiled softly.

"But how, the guards are keeping me under their watch. I'll never be allowed to leave. Hell, i have no where to run to anyway".

"We have made arrangements for you. Someone is waiting with you at the largest oak outside of the city walls. The Tryell guards have caused a distraction, but it won't last long. So please Jaslin, hurry now" Varys explained.

Jaslin wasn't sure she could trust him and Lady Olenna, but what other choice did she have, stay here and be executed. With that in mind, she quickly wiped the tears from her cheeks and began to shove some clothes into a small bag.

"There's a hidden exit on the walls, a long forgotten tunnel which shall be your exit. Please cover yourself in this cloak and follow me  stayed the shadows and do not make a sound" Varys instructed.

"And Lady Jaslin, I am truly sorry for what you have been through... good luck" olenna added as they made for the door.

Just as Varys had said, there was no longer any guards outside her door, and the corridors of the keep were as dead and silent as the cypts at Winterfell. Quickly the dashed through the darkness, taking a servants exit from the Red Keep and then down the poor and smelly street of flee bottom.

"This is your exit" Varys announced once they reached the wall and found an old gated tunnel.

"I shall not forget this Lord Varys, but I must ask before we part. Sansa, do you know of here location?"

"I'm afraid Littlefinger is the only one. You may find more answers in the Vale".

Jaslin looked at the tunnels dark entrance and with a deep sigh she turned back to Varys but found he had already disappeared into the dark night.

"Until we meet again" Jaslin whispered into the darkness before pulling up her hood and stepping into the tunnel.

Jaslin knew exactly which oak tree Varys had referred to. She and Arya had commented on its size and spent some time trying to guess it's age as they arrived into the city. That felt like almost a life time ago, and Jaslin made a mental note to also find Arya once she was free.

As she quickly ran through the darkness and towards the woodlands north of the city walls. She began to question the plan more. Varys had said someone would be waiting for her, but who? Perhaps Rob or one of his men. The mere thought of it brought a new hope to Jaslin and she quickened her pace.

When Jaslin finally reached the large oak tree, her heart suddenlynstopped and a shiver ran down her spine.

"Jaslin" Sandor whispered.

A/N - really short chapter, but it's building up to some big plots and twists. Hope you guys are enjoying the story so please. Please comment and let me know what you think, I love hearing from all of you... and don't forget to vote ;) happy reading folks x