Chapter Nine

Sandor and Jaslin had not spoken  another word to each other. He had walked her back to her chambers, keeping appropriate distance at all times, and then quickly left.

The next morning, once Jaslin had rose from a troubled sleep, she had quickly dressed and then walked to the Starks apartment. She had planned to speak with Ned alone after breakfast, she did not want to worry the young girls afterall. When she finally arrived, it seemed someone else had already beat her there.

"Clegane?" She announced with confusion as she walked inside and found the large man and Ned exiting his private study.

"In here. Now" Ned shot and quickly walked back into his study.

Jaslin studied Sandor as they passed each other, but neither spoke a word.

"What was Sandor Clegane doing here?" She asked once they were only in the closed study.

"Telling me some rather troubling news. Please Jaslin, tell me he has it wrong?" He sighed and slunked down into his chair.

"The queen said it last night, most likely filled with wine and wanting to play games. I'm sure nothing will come of it" she smiled back with uncertainty.

"My child we have come to a very dangerous place. Everyone here has their own game and desperate desires. You are causing to much of a ster".

"How? I have been here a few days. I do not speak to anyone and spend my days with Arya" Jaslin snapped back annoyed by his words.

"Mind your temper Jaslin, I did not mean offence. I just mean to say... you are of an age and a rare beauty in the south. People notice this, they can become jealous".

"Jealous?! You cannot be serious. I am the last living member of a dead house, no wealth or lands. Scarred and no maiden. This is absurd" she replied louder now.

Ned seemed to give up trying to speak sense with the girl. Sighing heavily he looked away which Jaslin took as she cue to leave. Outside the study, the guards and the stark girls must have heard their raised voices, for when she entered not one would look at her. Scoffing she stormed out of the apartment and headed for the royal gardens.

Jaslin sent the rest of her day in the gardens. Thankfully, there was still an old weirwood tree, and under the cover of  blood red leaves Jaslin found relief from the burning sun and nosey passer bys. She had no idea what time it was when her peace was disrupted.

"I've been asked to fetch ya. You're to dine with the her grace and the children tonight" Sandor grunted behind her as she sat by the roots of the tree.

"Tell them I am honoured by the invite, but would not be a great guest tonight" she sighed without looking back at him.

"I ain't no raven girl. Do yourself a favour and eat with them. It'll do you more harm if you decline. I believe the stark girls are attending as well".

Jaslin sighed again, but this time raised to her feet and brushed the dirt and dust from her dress.

"Lead the way then" she waved.

"Ah Lady Jaslin. I'm glad you joined us" Cersi smiled falsely as she stepped into the dining area of the royal apartments.

Jaslin smiled politely as Sandor went to stand behind the Prince.

"Come, come, let us eat and talk" she added and waved her over.

Jaslin took the only free seat left. At the opposite side of the table from the queen and her children, placed between Arya and Sansa.

"I trust our gardens do not disappoint?" Cersi asked as the servants brought out the first course.

"They are beauitful, your grace" Jaslin replied quietly.