Chapter Six

"What is going on?" Jaslin asked as she entered the Inn and Arya ran into her arms crying.

"Our king had ordered me to execute Lady. Apparently Aryas direwolf, which is now missing, bit the Prince when she was playing with some local boy" Ned replied with exhaustion.

"What, you can't? Speak to him again, he will change his mind" Jaslin pleaded as she looked over as Sansa who was crying into the chest of one of the Stark guards.

"I have tried. Take the girls back to their room. I will see to the wolf".

"Ned" she sighed.

"What else am I to do" he sighed back before continuing out of the room.

On the way back to the girls rooms Arya and Sansa argued the entire way. They both blamed each other and there was a hatred between the both like Jaslin had never seen before. Finally, she had heard enough and ordered the two girls to told their tongue. Ordering them both to bed before finally leaving them both to their grief.

Afterwards, Jaslin had needed some air, the Inn was filled with smoke and heavy with the heat of the many drunk bodies. When she reached the stable however, she wished she had stayed in her room.

"The butchers boy. You rode him down?" Jaslin gasped as Sandor walked past her with the body of the dead young body hanging on the back of his horse.

"He ran, not every fast" Sandor shrugged without turning to look at her as he headed back for the stables.

Two painful and full weeks later, they finally arrived through the gates of the red keep.

"I have been called straight into a small council meeting. Will you see the girls to their room? Ned asked Jaslin and slowly placed his hand on her arm.

"Of course. What the king dreams the hand builds, correct?" She smiled.

Ned couldn't help but smile at the clever girl. Once he left Arya, Sansa and Jaslin were led to their rooms.

"You are not staying in our apartment?" Arya gasped.

"It would seem not sweet one. Don't worry, I'm sure most of my time will be spent here with you and dear Sansa" she smiled and looked over at the older girl who only scoffed and stormed into her room.

"I hate her" Arya grumbled.

"No you don't child. She is your sister, you were gifted with one, be thankful of that" Jaslin sighed as she affectionately stroked her cheek.

Jaslin's room was just a short walk from the starks apartment. It was obviously not as grand as the Hands apartment, but it was still beauitful. Towards the right, on a slight step, sat the large four poster bed, covered in the softest silks and thread Jaslin had ever seen. At the other end of the room stood a dressing area and bath with views of the bay from the large windows. The middle part of the room was filled with a small couch and table with two seats.

Jaslin did not see the starks for the rest of the day. The journey to kings landing had tired her out more than she released, and had spent most of the day unpacking and resting. The moment her handmaidens, gifted to her by the queen, entered her room, Jaslin and dismissed them. She would not trust any one except those from the North.

The next morning, she dressed and broke her fast with the Starks in their chambers. Ned seemed already tired by the politics of the city, but told the girls of Tourney which was to be held in his honour tomorrow.

"You do not seemed pleased?" Jaslin asked with a smile of intrigue.

"It is a long story which I neither wish or want to explain child. Just make sure the girls behave for me".

"Of course my lord".

Sansa still did not wish to speak with Jaslin, so she and Arya spent the rest of the day exploring the keep.

"You can't catch me" Arya giggled sweetly as Jaslin ran after her.

Just as Jaslin had turned the corner  she went straight into someone. Instantly she fell back and slammed her head hard against the stone floor.

"Fuck" she cursed, forgetting her usual lady like manners.

"You curse in front of the little Stark wolf" a voice scoffed.

Jaslin looked up and suddenly realised it was Sandor.

"Must you always be where I am walking or running. This is the second time you have caused me to fall" she groaned as she touched the back of her head and then looked at her hand to see it covered in blood.

Jaslin instantly felt dizzy as Arya came to her side and looked at her with fear and worry.

"Go back to your room girl. I'll take Lady Frost to the maester" Sandor commanded as he stepped closer to the girls.

Arya continued to look at Jaslin.

"It's fine Arya. Go back as he says, I shall see you before the tourney tomorrow" Jaslin smiled softly trying to reassure the little lady.

At Jaslin words, Arya seemed to relax as she stepped up from the ground, nodded and then quickly darted back for her room. Sandor didn't speak another word as he bent down and picked Jaslin up from the ground.

"I am perfectly capable of walking" Jaslin snapped as she pushed the man away and stepped to her feet.

Sandor only grunted in return and then slowly followed behind as Jaslin headed for the Maester.

After only two minutes of walking, Jaslin became even more dizzy and suddenly reached out for the wall. Except it wasn't the wall she found. Sandor had quickly stepped to her side to stop her from falling.

"You can't walk girl".

"True, but I will not accept help from a man who ran down and slaughtered and innocent boy" she hissed.

"I was following orders. I'm Prince Joffreys sworn sword. What was I suppose to do, put him to bed and read him a story".

"Like you can possibly read" she scoffed and pushed away from the man.

"Lady Frost?" A voice suddenly announced behind them.

"Ser Jamie" she smiled but then quickly winced as the pain in her head grew worse.

"What happened here?" He asked and looked over at the hound with a disgust.

"The little lady fell and hit her head. I was escorting her to the maester" Sandor explained with a bored tone.

"Well I shall see that she is taken care of. You may take you leave" he snared and then turned to Jaslin with a sweet smile. "Now, shall we get this cut seen to".