Chapter Fifty-one

"Is it a deal then woman?" 

Jaslin rolled on to her side in the bed they shared as they sailed down to Kings Landing and smiled warmly. "I suppose it is about time I did something you asked of me".

"Aye, so that settles it then. From now on you are to stay back, let the rest of us deal with it from now on". 

After several weeks on the sea, the group from the north arrived at Blackwater Bay. Immediately they were taken to the ancient dragon fighting pits of old past times. Under the shade, Cersi and her small council sat waiting with stern brows. Jon, Jaslin, Sandor, Davos and the rest of the northern group were also in place for the gathering, waiting for the final arrival, Daenerys. 

"Where is she?" Cersi sat with disgust as her patience grew thin and the others looked nervously upon each other. Thankfully they did not have to answer her when the roar of Drogon erupted across the sky. 

Cersi's back straightened slightly when she first set eyes on the beast. Of course, she had heard the old stories as a child, but to truly see one with her own eyes sent a freezing shiver throughout her. That sudden moment of weakness, unnoticed by most, was noted by Jaslin though who had her eyes upon her the entire time. 

Once Daenerys had taken her seat, Jon was the first to stand and begin the business of their gathering. "We're not here to talk about how we might live in harmony. Blood has been split between all houses, but the enemy we face now does not care about houses. It does not care about loyalty or honor, whether you're man, woman or child. It spreads only death".

Sandor had disappeared by Jon spoke to the group. Just as he finished, Sandor returned with a large wooden crate attached to his back. Even with his great strength, Sandor struggled under the weight of the crate and as he dropped it down to the ground it made an echoing crash through the fighting pit. Everyone waited in silent patience as they watched him unbolt the crate and then finally, with a deep breath, he kicked it on to its side.

The moment the white walkers came jumping from the ground and hurling itself towards the group of watchers, Cersi cringed back in her seat and Jamie leaped forth to protect her from the potential threat. Sandor had quickly pulled back on the chain around the monsters neck though, restricting it from getting within reach of the group.

"We can kill them by fire" Jon announced and picked up the sliced hand of the walker before lighting it with his torch.

"Or dragon glass" he added.

Jaslin sat in silence, studying the faces of those around her as Jon explained how these creatures where in fact the true enemy. At times she could see the fear in Cersi and her councils' eyes, but just as quickly it would turn to a cool and icy exterior. By the end of their little demonstration, Cersi finally spoke, asking them what it was they wanted from her. 

When Jon said for support in the battle ahead, asking her to put aside her differences and hatred for even a short time whilst they joined in together in the great war, Cersi eyes turned to anger. "You wish me to stand down my armies whilst you fight some battle with the dead. How do I not know that whilst my forces are stood down, my enemies will not be growing their forces? Returning to march on my capital". 

"Your city will be safe, you have my word" Daenerys injected.

"The word of a would-be usurper" Cersi hissed back. 

"No amount of words can change the history between us all. We have all lost those close to us and nothing can change that. We can prevent further death though, and death is certain unless we put our grudges aside for just a time. We can all go back to killing each other after it" Jaslin spoke out as both sides began to mutter between themselves.

Cersi leaned forth in her seat and almost looked amused at the words Jaslin spoke. She wouldn't show the evil queen any weakness though, feeling her unborn child move inside of her as she mustered her strength to look back. 

"As you say, everything we have lost, everything we have suffered, it will be for nothing. The crown, therefore, accepts your truce. Until the dead are defeated they are the true enemy... In return, the King in the North will extend his truce. He will remain in the north where he belongs. He will not take up arms against the Lannisters nor, will he choose sides in the wars to follow". 

Cersi's words rang through the ears of Jaslin and for the first time she feared what Jon would reply in return, and more importantly what that would bring to them. Holding her breath she waited for Jon to reply.

"I am true to my word, or at least I try my best to be. That is why I can not give you what you ask, I cannot serve two queens and I have already pledged myself to Queen Daenerys".

Everyone's face seemed to drop as he spoke the words. Jaslin looked over at Davos for some sort of help, but he looked only as lost in all of this. Cersi's reaction was instantly anger as she rose from her seat. "Then there is nothing left to discuss". 

Jaslin spoke with no one until she was back on the ship. Tyrion had returned to the Red Keep with his sister and brother to try and change her mind. At the same time, Jaslin knew she had to try and speak sense or at least a warning to Jon.

"Jon" she sighed as she walked into his private bedchamber and found him alone by the window.

"Don't. I have said my word and taken my oath."

Jaslin walked over to him slowly and brought her eyes under his glaze so he could not look away from her. 

"I know you love her Jon and I know you wish to remain loyal to her" she whispered and placed a hand on her his shoulder. "But Jon, this is not about duty, honor or loyalty anymore. This is about surviving. You are putting yourself in a game of politics you have no idea of the cost. Your father did the same once and he lost. When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. Back there was a time to remove yourself from this all, concentrate on what is more important. The fight you know means life or death, not just for the northern men, your men who follow you, but for civilization as we know it".

"You know about our relationship and now you question her. You spent time with our queen on Dragonstone yet you would beg me to throw her aside. There is more to this, I know it, I know you. You are jealous of my love for her, the love I once bared you has now moved to another. Well, you made your choice Jaslin, and now I have made mine". 

Jaslin could not believe what she was hearing. Dropping her hand from his shoulder, she took a step back and looked at him in complete shock. "Jon, you know this is nonsense. You know this about much more than past feelings and love affairs. This is about life". 

Jon did not reply and only turned away from her, marking the end of their conversation. Down beaten Jaslin shook her head in disappointment. She knew now that no matter what she said to him, how much she pleaded with him, the man stood in front of her was no longer the boy she once knew.