Chapter Ten

Jaslin woke up the next morning to the sound of muttering female voices.

"I heard the hound was seen leaving her room at a late hour. Angered"

"Yes, my cousin told me he visited little fingers brothel. Almost broke two beds".

Jaslin opened her eyes to the sound of three girls giggling.

"Oh, m'lady. Please, the queen insisted we prepare to meet Ser Gregor" the older one explained.

Jaslin remained silent as she glared at the girls and wished her headache away.

"Please m'lady, she'll have us in dungeons if not".

Jaslin knew the girls were just being dramatic, but agreed to let them work and was quickly rushed out of bed and into a fresh bath.

"Oh m'lady, you have a mark on your neck. I'll get some cream" one of them gasped as they helped her dress after a scolding bath.

Jaslin looked over her reflection in the mirror ahead as the girls rushed around her. Just below her ear there was a red mark. A red mark caused by a certain Sandor Clegane.

"My necklace yesterday rubbed something awful" she lied, but knew the girls didn't truly believe her.

Once Jaslin was finally dressed and her hair styles in the southern way, a Lannister guard met her to escort her down.

At the end of the gardens, underneath a gazebo sat the monstrous man. As she approached him, he did not stand up to help her to her seat, only glared at her with judgement.

Hidden further back in the gardens stood Sandor Clegane. He had been dismissed for the afternoon, as the Prince had decided to give Sansa a further tour of the red keep. At first, he had managed to convince himself to stay away, but by the time the sun is reached the half way marker in the sky, he could no longer hold back and went to keep an eye on the meeting.

"Why are you lurking Clegane?" Jamie Lannister suddenly asked from behind him.

"Same reason you are I reckon" he huffed back and turned to look at Jaslin again.

"Ah yes, the sweet Lady Jaslin. I tried to stop my sister from this, but it only seemed to make her more determined, she really does have a hatred for the northern girl. Lord Stark was apparently too busy to see me this morning as well" he scoffed.

"Aye well, I'm here now".

"Yes, just like you were last night from what I have been hearing. Very well Clegane, I'll leave you to it".

Jamie walked off with a feeling of dread. Of course he had not wanted to show it to the hound, but he worried for Jaslins fate. She was a kind and strong girl, but had also made a lot of enemies in a short period of time. He Lord Stark would still be unaware to his sister's plans, and despite his decline earlier, Jamie decided to go and make another attempt at enlighting him.

"I've heard you ain't no maiden?" Gregor growled at Jaslin as the nervous servants brought over cooled wine and cheese.

"That is correct Ser" she replied nervously as she picked at her nails under the table.

"Well I night not be from some old and noble house, but I won't marry a damned whore. My last three wives have been fair and pure".

"Three?"

"But the bloody queen has commanded it. So you best make sure you keep me happy" he continued, ignoring her question.

"I'm sorry Ser, but I have no wish to marry".