Chapter Fifty-six

When Sandor and Arya had reached the war room of the Red Keep, the city was already falling and rubble was drifting from above all around them. 

"Girl" he grunted and grabbed her arm from heading deeper into the Keep. "Go home, you go any further with me you'll die in here. The cities gone, the fire will get her, one of those Dothraki or maybe that dragon will eat her. Either way, she's dead and so will you be if you don't leave now".

"I'm going to kill her" she hissed and pulled her arm out of his grasp.

"Look at me girl, you think you want revenge, think you know it. I've lived for it all my life and look at me now. You want to end up like me?"

"You have Jaslin".

"Aye, and even her love couldn't keep me from going after my brother, from killing. I don't have a choice any more girl, you do though. Now go home -  whilst you still can".

Slowly, the anger fell from her brow. "You have a choice too Sandor. You can still go back".

"Go home girl" he sighed and stepped away from her.

"Sandor" Arya suddenly called out as he turned around to face her again. "Thank you". 

Back in the North, Jasliln was sat with their baby in the crib, looking out at the window and the courtyard below. It wasn't the fact that Sandor was out there again, in the South and fighting a battle he need not fight, it was the fact that she wasn't there, she had no idea what was going on. Who was alive or who had fallen. As the hours ticked on the desperate need to know was diving a bigger and deeper blade into her heart to the point the feeling was completely unbearable. 

"Fuck it" she groaned and went to lie down on the bed, before slowly closing her eyes and concentrating on the presence she targeted in her mind, thousands of leagues away. 

The first thing Jaslin saw was Daenerys, soaring over the city as she rode her dragon, Drogon, burning everything and everyone in sight far below her. Jaslin had worged into the other dragon, Rhaegal, and was flying next to her but no longer breathing down storms of fire on the people below. The look in Daenerys eye was of madness and grief, no longer did any light of goodness shine from within. 

Below them, thousands of soldiers and innocent gentle folk burnt or scrambled for their lives. The entire city was crumbling and the dust of rubble and ash filled the sky. Jaslin could no longer stand back and watch as she continued to order her dragon to rain down flames, so with her internal control of the dragon, she forced Rhaegal to attack his brother. 

From the courtyard of Winterfell, Brienne and Sansa had heard the sounds of a baby crying and screams and groans from Jaslins window. Quickly, they ran up to the room, expecting some assassin from the south, but found her lying flat on the bed, shaking from side to side as a thick cold sweat covered her entire body.

"What is happening to her?" Brienne asked Sansa.

"She's a warg, she's somewhere else, as someone or something else" she replied and picked up the baby.

Back in King's Landing, Daenerys was struggling to hold onto Drogon, as Rhaegal continued to attack them. Roaring, she commanded him to stop and turn his attention back to the city and their enemies, but it was as though her child was no longer hers. Diving low, Rhaegal followed them and barged his body into Drogon and bit down his teeth into his brother's neck. Drogon roared out in agony, knocking Daenerys back to fall onto the ground outside of the Red Keep. Staring up into the sky, frozen in complete shock, she continued to watch as her children fought against each other. Flying further and further away as the slam of their attacks sounded like thunder in the sky. 

Inside the Red Keep, two other brothers were fighting for their lives. Sandor had managed to dive his sword and blade into his brother, but the monster would not die. No matter what he did, he would come back each time. Exhausted, his mind quickly flickered back to Jaslin, how he had left her and for what. Why had he not listened to his own words, the same he had said to Arya. If he had, he would be back in bed with her now, their baby at his chest as they planned on making another. No, revenge had gotten the best of him, fighting, killing, bloodthirst. It had all gotten the best of him and now he was going to pay for it with his life.