Brother's Best Friend Part Three

Tonight was your date with Luke and you were super excited. You started getting ready around 5. Luke was meeting you at 7 at the restaurant. You decided to wear a cute dress and a pair of heels, since you were a lot shorter than Luke. And you did your blonde hair in loose beach curls.

"You're already ready to go?" Ashton asked laughing.

"Yeah. Us girls take a while to get ready." You laughed.

"Gotcha. So what's Luke taking you to do?" He asked.

"We're going to dinner and then he's taking me somewhere special. I'm not sure on that part." You smiled.

"Nice. Is he coming here to pick you up?"

"No I'm meeting him around 7 at the restaurant."

"Nice. Well, I hope you have fun." He said then walked away from the bathroom.

Once you finished you went downstairs and went to sit down on the couch before you had to leave.

*Luke's POV*

It was almost six fifteen, so I decided to get ready. I just had to get dressed.

I was really excited to take Y/N to dinner. And then take her somewhere special.

A little later I went to get in my car to head to meet Y/N at the restaurant. I looked at my phone. Great 30% and my mom texted me.

"Luke, grandma is in the hospital. You need to come right now. She fell. We need you here."

And my phone just died. Great. How am I going to tell Y/N.

I did as my mom said and went straight to the hospital.

*Y/N POV*

It was already 7 and you were still waiting for Luke. You were at the restaurant waiting.

7:45 came by you were still waiting for Luke.

Around 8:30 you gave up waiting for him and you drove home almost in tears.

"Y/N I thought you had a date with Luke." Ashton said.

"I think he stood me up. I should have just trusted you." You said crying even more.

"Hey Y/N calm down. I knew this would happen though. I'll talk to him." Ashton said picking his phone up. He tried calling Luke. No answer.

"Luke, it's Ashton. Call me when you get this. Y/N is here and is super upset. Bye." Ashton hung up the phone. "Y/N, go get comfy and get some rest."

"Ok. Thanks Ashton." You tried smiling.

"Any time. You know I'm here for you."

So you went upstairs and tried to sleep, but you ended up eating ice cream and watching a romantic movie.

———

You woke up that morning with wet eyes, and a few tissues lying around you.

Your door was closed but you can hear faint arguing downstairs. You slowly walked over to your door and pulled it open quietly only letting your eyes peek out.

"Ash! Come on please let me see Y/N." Luke pleaded.

"No Luke you broke my little sisters heart. You stood her up. I don't know if she is ready for that yet."

"I told you though for the hundredth time. My mom texted me saying my grandma was in the hospital. My phone died and I didn't have any way to charge it. I would never do that to her." You could hear Luke's voice crack a little. You didn't know if he was crying or not. "Look, I'll show you the text my mom sent me."

"Wait here." Ashton said. You ran back and jumped in bed, and when you heard the door open you looked up.

"Morning." You said rubbing your eyes.

"Morning Y/N. So Luke's downstairs. I know you don't want to see him, but he told me what happened. He said he would never do that. He told me that his mom texted him saying his grandma was in the hospital and his phone died. He had no way to charge it. Then he showed me the text his mom sent him. I think you should go see him." Ashton said.

You looked at him with sad eyes, then got up out of bed, and went to go see Luke.

Once you walked down the stairs, Luke stood up. He had tears in his eyes.

"Y/N! I'm so so so sorry. My mom texted me that my grandma was in the hospital and then my phone died. I would never do anything to hurt you. Can you please forgive me?"

All you did was go up to him, gave a hug and then gave him a kiss.

"So does that mean you forgive me? Will you still be my girlfriend?"

"I'm so sorry too. Ashton told me everything. I love you so much Luke and yes. I'll still be your girlfriend." You smiled.