Baby's Room

Today you and Luke were going to look for paint colors for your baby's nursery. You wanted a simple light grey that could go with anything, but Luke wanted a soft pink.

"I think this one will be perfect." You smiled.

"Nooo. I think this one will be better." Luke said handing you a soft pink paint square.

"But that won't go with the bedding we already have." You said.

"I think it will. What color is the bedding anyway. I don't want our daughter feeling like she's in a dark room."

"Luke, it's a light grey. It's like what we have in our room. And I want that to be a surprise." You said.

"I'm just saying I think pink will be better." He smirked knowing you would give in.

You thought for a minute. Then Luke said, "Ok. We'll flip a coin. Tails I win. Heads you win."

"Ok."

Luke flipped a coin...."Alright! Tails!" Luke smiled.

"Aww man. I really really liked that grey color."

"Sorry, I love you, but it landed on tails." He said.

Then you stuck out your bottom lip, and gave him the puppy dog eyes.

Luke looked at you. "Babe, come on. Don't give me that face."

You kept doing it.

Luke sighed, "Ok, fine. You know I can't say no to that face. Fine we will do your grey color you want." Luke said taking the paint square to the counter.

"Thank you Lukey." You said kissing his cheek.

"Yeah, yeah." Luke smiled.

A few weeks later Luke was out at the studio, and you were finishing up your baby girls' room.

"Babe! I'm home." Luke said.

You quickly left her room and closed the door. Luke came around the corner.

"There you are. What are you doing standing in front of our little girls room?" He smiled kissing your forehead and then kissing your belly..

"I wanted to surprise you with the bedding remember?" You said.

"Oh right. Can I see it now?" He smiled.

"Yes. Close your eyes though." You said. Luke sighed holding out his hand with his eyes closed.

You led him in the room, and then said, "ok, on three open. One, two, three!"

Luke opened his eyes, and he immediately smiled.

"Babe! Why didn't you just tell me you got pink bedding?" And pink pillows?" He smiled.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." You said.

"This is the best surprise ever." He smiled giving you a kiss. So all that arguing about a simple paint color led to the best surprise ever.