Christmas Morning As A Family

It was Christmas morning and you and your husband Luke were still asleep. It was seven in the morning when you heard little footsteps running into your room.

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! It's Christmas!!" Your four year old daughter said jumping on your bed.

"Shhh. Sweetie. Come here and cuddle for a second. Daddy is still asleep." You said.

Luke kind of moved around.

"I'm up now." He said wrapping his arm around the two of you.

"Daddy! It's Christmas! Can we go open presents?" She asked him climbing on top of him.

"Oh! Careful sweetie. Of course we can. Why don't you cuddle with mommy for a second. I'll go build a fire." Luke said climbing out of bed putting a sweatshirt on.

"Ok daddy." She said as she cuddled up next to you.

Then Luke went to build a fire, and came back a few minutes later.

"Ok, sweetheart. Let's go see what Santa brought you." He said carrying your daughter. Then he held out his hand for you to hold.

Then the three of you walked downstairs.

"Oh my goodness! Santa was here. He ate all of his cookies and drank his milk! And he remembered I wanted a baby doll!"

"I guess he did. Why don't you see what else he brought you?" You said.

Then you and Luke sat on the couch while your daughter opened presents.

"Love? I wanted to get you something special for Christmas." Luke said to you.

"Aww babe! What?" You said.

"Here. Open this." Luke said.

You slowly opened the small package.

"Luke! Oh my goodness. It's beautiful."

"Wasn't that the one you wanted?" He asked.

"Yes, but I wasn't expecting to get this. Luke, this is so sweet." You said.

"Anything for you. I love you so much!" Luke said giving you a kiss.

"I love you too." You said.

Then you turned around so Luke could put on the beautiful necklace you wanted. It was a really special Christmas and your daughter was happy with all of her presents.

Once all the presents were opened, your daughter began playing with her toys, and Luke fell asleep on the couch. You decided to make a special Christmas breakfast, pancakes and hot chocolate.

And the best part about the morning was there was snow on the ground and it was snowing again.