Heat

Louie felt like they were on fire when they woke up that morning. They kicked off their sheets, hoping the cool air would make them feel better. Nope, Louie still felt like they were sitting in a sauna.

They groaned and rolled over and reached for their phone. They instantly regretted the action, their stomach churning and threatening to bring up their dinner from last night. Great.

"Louie? Are you okay?" from the older brother, concerned tone, Louie assumed it was Huey and only shook their head, not wanting to move again in fear of actually throwing up.

Or worse.

Huey gently urged them to roll back over onto their back, luckily not upsetting their stomach. He pressed a hand to their sibling's forehand and frowned. "Louie, you're burning up. Just stay here okay, and I'll go get uncle Donald." with a nod from Louie, the oldest triplet was off.

All Louie wanted to do was go back to sleep... or bathe in a tub of ice. Either sounded good. Instead Louie just lay there, thinking. Not much was on their mind, surprisingly, but at least it was killing time.

After what felt like only a minute to the sick duck, Huey came back with half of their family in tow. It was kind of embarrassing to see so many people came to check up on them. Webby and Lena were part of it, but they stood in the doorway awkwardly and their brothers crowded them on one side of the bed.

Donald sat on the edge of the bed and leaned over to repeat the action Huey did earlier. He too frowned. "Louie you have a fever... Do you hurt anywhere? Feel nauseous?"

"I feel like I might throw up..." Louie replied, absentmindedly reaching for Huey's hand. "And that I'm a sauna on webbed feet..." they chuckled, softly at their own joke. They heard Lena and Webby snicker and couldn't help but smile.

Donald chuckled, too, gaze soft. "Alright, I'll bring you some medicine and some soup soon, okay? Just try to rest."

Louie nodded, already closing their eyes.