Morgue

AU chapter, sequel to Dust.

Lena finds the room. Her hands trailing over the old brick, phasing through cobwebs and moss. Her dark eyes flitted across the room to the two small coffins sitting in the center of the marble floor. Portraits hang above them, showing who they once were.

She tilts her head, gaze distant. The boys looked an awful lot like Louie. She wonders, reaching up to touch her locket... she wonders as it starts to glow... she wonders as the coffins open... she wonders as two boys sit up, transparent and blink in confusion...

---

Louie wonders as he takes in the ghosts of his two brothers, watching him with blank expressions. He wonders as they introduce themselves; Huey, Dewey. He wonders as he takes in their old, tattered clothes that date back to centuries left behind.

He wonders as his uncle Scrooge finally finds their library, their hideaway. He wonders as Scrooge weeps. He wonders as he feels light. He wonders as his feet sink through the floor. He wonders as he remembers visiting his grave once, long ago.

---

Webby wonders. She always wonders. Maybe she wonders too much. Maybe she wonders too little.

Webby watches and she wonders about the death of three boys she surely had a hand. Webby wonders about the teenage witch, dead and gone that could bring spirits to life. Webby wonders if she knew her before the end.

Webby wonders.

Another 'what did I write' moment. I wanted to live up to Dust, but honestly I feel like I just went somewhere else with this. Alternate title: They Wonder.