Part 4

Paisley waited until she was nearly to class before she turned back to give him the sultriest look she could manage

She wasn't much of a flirt, but it wasn't hard, she just thought about their kiss. She thought about kissing him again.

Jay McCarthy was the smartest person she knew. Some of the things he could do with his mind was a wonder but somehow, he couldn't understand the simple truth that she loved him and that would never change.

Love in any form was still too new to him.

He lost his smirk because instead of just thinking about kissing him again she was now thinking about him with his shirt off. Thinking about her hands sliding down his chest.

She didn't just love him; she needed him.

Need poured from him as well and she groaned because her own game had backfired on her.

They both took a step towards each other at the same time.

"In or out, Miss Douglas?" Her English teacher stood at the door waiting for her to enter.

Jay laughed out loud as her face heated.

Run along, tease.

After him sending that silent reply her way it was no wonder why she was thinking about her hand smoothing down over his flat stomach and finally coming to rest on the button of his khaki pants.

Paisley couldn't help her shriek of laughter when a big steel door came down between her thoughts and his. The scaredy cat.

"That's detention, Miss Douglas for interrupting my class."

She wasn't too worried about the detention since even as she found her seat, Jay was getting himself detention as well.

School had never been her favorite thing and these days sitting in class meant having too much time on her hands to think.

Her grades were down. All her teachers were commenting on her inability to focus. Everyone was worried about her and there wasn't anything she could say to ease their minds.

Some days just getting up in the mornings was too hard. She had to for Seth. For Jay, but it wasn't easy.

The guilt was more than she could bear some days.

Slumping in her seat, she closed her eyes. Even now Jay was trying to make her feel better but what he didn't understand is that feeling better just made her feel guiltier.

Why should she feel better when Seth couldn't?

Why should she laugh and play around when Mia would never be able to again?

She was only halfway through class when she felt that Seth needed her. His pain was an echo around her. Grabbing her things, she left her desk and headed for the door. If her teacher tried to stop her, she never noticed.

Rushing, she caught up with him as he exited the school.

His face was pale. His eyes red. Seeing her he didn't even question why she was there, he took her hand and pulled her towards his car.

"Sorry, Pais. I couldn't sit there anymore knowing that she wasn't there. I have to get away. Go somewhere where she isn't missing."

"It's okay, Seth. I get it. I'll go with you."

Even as upset as he was, he opened the passenger door for her. "God, I hate this car. What do my parents think? That finally remembering to get me a car makes up for my sister being gone? I should shove it back in their faces. In a few weeks I'll have enough to get my own car." He grimaced. "Or I would have. I would even have let Mia help pick it out."

His voice was so broken that she took his hand and held it close. Turning her head, she looked at Jay standing at the entrance to the school.