Part 50

She was still asleep when Jay jumped out of her arms and threw a shirt at her

  Yawning, she sat up and more out of habit than worry; she put her shirt on.

  She would have covered her head back up with the blanket except for a voice inside of her head. "What language is that?"

 "Mandarin."

  "When did you learn Mandarin?"

  "Night before last." He was already dragging his jeans on and was looking for a shirt. "Apparently it's not that hard. He doesn't speak English. I could already understand him, but I figured if he could speak it then I should be able to."

  "Will it be that easy for me?" Not waiting for an answer, she covered her head back up and searched for sleep again.

  "Oh, no you don't."

  The covers got jerked away.

  "I'm not dealing with them on my own."

  "Just send them away."

  "Hell no. I think they've been pretty lenient. If you want our parents to go away, you tell them."

  She opened one eye at him. "Why don't I tell them about how you kept me up all night blowing my mind."

  He grinned. "It's no secret, babe. They all went to a hotel last night and Lisa and Jack had to watch the baby. This time you're the one with twenty seconds." His grin grew. "Then we will have company."

  She grumbled as she scrambled out of bed and reached for her jeans. Dealing with parents is not what she wanted to do first thing this morning, not after the night they had.

  How am I going to face them?

  Hopefully, with pants on.

 What are we going to say to them? Have you decided if you will take their memory away or not?

  As soon as there was a knock on the door, Jay sent them away with a promise that they would be down in five minutes then he pulled her into his arms.

  "You were right, as usual. They are handling it pretty well. They don't know about the alternate futures; they just know about me. Dougie thought I was an alien, so this isn't really that farfetched."

  "I know she can handle anything but as soon as she finds out we have to go somewhere that could be dangerous she will put her foot down."

  "She has a right to know. Let's see how it goes before I change her mind."

  "Fine." She gave him a quick kiss. "If you do have to alter a few things make sure you erase last night. Even Lisa is blushing over it, so that tells you just how bad it was." Walking past him, she opened the door. "Do they all have to know that I touched the stars last night?"