Part 41

   One night would have been more than enough to make up for every bad thing that's ever happened to him.

  It wasn't even because he held Paisley in his arms all night; It wasn't even the fire they created together.

  It was the connection. They were tethered together now; in a way no regular humans would ever get to feel.

  He'd never be lonely again, never be without her again because wherever he went, she'd always be with him. She was a part of him now. He could feel her to his very core.

  For the first time in his entire life he finally had a home. She was his home. She was his everything.

  He watched her sleeping wearing a smile that was so big that it just might split his face.

  He had every right to be smiling. His girl was so happy and well satisfied that it would be hours before she would stir.

  He couldn't even take all the credit, though he would. It was the connection. Last night was pure magical.

  Signing in bliss, he held her closer. She knew everything now. They were so bonded together that she probably felt like she'd lived his life too but instead of being upset by it; he embraced it. It was freeing.

  It had only taken seconds and every one of his experiences were hers and hers were his. And before he could even feel bad that she was getting the shit end of the stick, he experienced her peace with all of it. He wasn't a burden; he was her home. He was her everything.

  Him.

  He wiped the tears from his face and damn if he wasn't still wearing that damn huge smile.

  And damn if even in sleep Paisley wasn't offering him her love and support. Damn if she wasn't dreaming about how amazing he was.

  "I will show you amazing as soon as you're awake."

  Feeling her surge of passion, he chuckled out loud. Rest, baby. We have all the time in the world.

  All the time in the world. She was his now and there wasn't anything anybody could do about it.

  Content, he ignored his brother's frustrations with his crying baby. He was frustrated, but he was also completely wrapped around that little girl's finger. He couldn't read the kid as well as Paisley could, but he knew enough that whatever was wrong with her it wasn't life threatening. It was possible the little chick enjoyed keeping her dad on his toes.

  Poor Punk was so absorbed with his daughter, he hadn't even been affected by him and Paisley last night. Well, not much.

  The same couldn't be said for the rest of their neighborhood. And ask him if he cared?

  Thankfully, the fosters were away for the weekend but the same couldn't be said for Paisley's mom.

  Poor Dougie had come home around six yesterday evening and had kept driving right by. Foot floored to the gas paddle.

  He could lie and say he felt guilty, but he didn't. He didn't know if he'd ever be able to look her in the eye again, but he definitely didn't feel guilty about helping her take the plunge back into the land of the living. It was long overdue.

  Ruby has been in love with her best friend for years and it was about time Dougie wake up and smell the roses or whatever in the hell that saying was.

  Not only did Dougie have him to thank for that, she could also thank him because she no longer had to have that talk with Paisley. Not that she'd been worried about it, she just hadn't known if she was ready for that big of a step.

  She was ready now and they probably wouldn't see her for the rest of the weekend.

  Thank god.

  If he had his way, and he did, there wasn't one person who'd make it to the front door.

  Damn it was good to be him.