Part 6

He opened the door in time to watch an old motorcycle pull up

He opened the door in time to watch an old motorcycle pull up. Neither riders wore helmets. The guy on the front had long black hair and the girl on the back was wearing a big smile and had dark red hair.

Last time he saw her it had been dyed black.

Her grin grew at the sight of him. "Surprise! When did you figure out, I was coming?"

He grunted and would not admit that he hadn't picked up on her being close until fifteen or twenty minutes ago. It proved he had a lot on his mind. He should have been able to pick up her thoughts by the time she crossed the state line. "Did you really come all this way on that piece of shit? No way it gets you back before it dies a horrible death."

"Don't talk about Stud's baby like that. He won't like it."

Jay couldn't help his grin. Stud was shorter than her, as thin as a beanpole, and chose that moment to throw his luscious hair back over his shoulder.

As soon as Jay opened his arms, Kels jumped into them. "Damn it's good to see you, babe."

"Back at you."

After squeezing the life out of her he held her away from him so he could get a good look at her.

She was wearing her best to see him. Cut off blue jean shorts and black fishnet tights. Black motorcycle boots, an army shirt with the sleeves cut off of it and the brightest pink lip stick he's ever seen.

He gave her another hug as he checked her to see if she was doing okay. Other than her ass being numb, she seemed to be in good spirits.

"Damn long trip. You better be glad you're worth it." She turned back to the guy by the chopper. "Give me some time with my guy. Go check out the neighborhood or something."

He gave her an irritated look then climbed back on his ride.

"Nice guy."

"He's not so bad and someone had to take your place. Plus, he was the only one with the money and the incline to bring me out here."

Spotting Matthew behind him, she raised her eyebrow as she mouthed the word bow tie.

Laughing, Jay ushered her into the house. "Kels, this is Matthew. Matthew, this is Kels."

Kels eyed him wearily until Matthew held out his hand and welcomed her to town. At that point she laughed out loud and threw an arm around him. "He's cute, Jay. Where's your john? I have to piss so bad I can taste it. Never mind, I'll find it myself."

Matthew's ears were pink as they watched her walk away. "She's very.... colorful."

"You have no idea. She's saved my ass from boredom more times than I can count."

"Nice digs. Where's the fosters?" She asked as she came back into the living room. "For that matter, where's the girlfriend? I didn't come all this way just for your ugly mug. I have to check out the new meat and see if she's good enough for you."

Jay rolled his eyes for Matthew's benefit. "She's joking. Mostly."

Matthew offered Kels his biggest smile. "She spent the night with her ex. I was here trying to cheer up the old chap."

He groaned and felt the urge to hit the other guy.

"If she's shacking up with someone else, then all I need is five minutes and a bed to cheer him up. Hell, a closet will do."

"She's joking. Mostly. And Kels, it's not like that. They're friends. That's all. Mostly." Since he couldn't punch Matthew anymore, he sent him his meanest frown. "By the way, you suck at cheering me up. Why would you bring that crap up again?"

He only smiled.

"He's so cute. Who does he remind me of?"

Jay's smile turned sinister. "Stiles. Did I mention he's a virgin? Yep. Poor guy's never even been kissed, and he's hung up on some goody two shoes who thinks she's better than everyone."