Part 27

"I don't know why you're upset

  "I don't know why you're upset. I'm the one doing it and I'm not that worry about it."

  Paisley frowned. "Because of us my mom is...." She couldn't even say it. She did not even want to think about it.

  "I say power to her. She needs to get her some."

  "Jay!"

  "Babe. I'm just calling it like I see it."

  Last night he'd been as embarrassed as her, but by this morning, he'd been over it. He thought Jack's update that Ernie and Is had made so much noise that Punk and Rosemary had to switch rooms was humorous. Angel was out so late that he decided to stay an extra day.

  She sent a frown at his back. Their Saturday morning consisted of huge bowls of cereal in front of the tv. He was like her and didn't care for watching tv except for Saturday mornings. He loved those old cartoons that most people probably knew nothing about. 

  She enjoyed any day they could stay home and have a normal day.

  Her mom slept in late this morning and now she was off visiting a friend. Lisa was getting to know her granddaughter and Jack had taken Punk out on an errand. Angel was sleeping it off and later everyone was getting together for a barbecue.

  "You know I'm right. You just don't want to admit it."

  Paisley decided she was spending too much time worrying about her mom and not enough time undressing her boyfriend with her eyes. He was wearing baggy jeans and his cookie monster shirt. Which would probably be the last time he ever wore it since he was changing the oil in the dorkmobile and making a mess of it.

  Only Jay could make leaning over a hood sexy. He wasn't even trying to. It was more than obvious that he wasn't any good at car work because he did a lot of cussing and hitting things.

  "I know what I'm doing, I just don't like doing it. These jeans aren't baggy and since we have established that you're always in heat we can assume you find me sexy no matter what I'm doing."

  She sighed. So true.

  He chuckled but never looked her way, so she kept admiring his backside. "Can't you pay someone to do that for like twenty bucks?"

  "Bite your tongue, hon. Men change their own oil. It's just the way it's done."

  "Right, so only women are smart enough to know it's cheaper and easier to take it to the lube shop?"

  Cussing, he shook out the hand he'd just hurt.

  Laughing, Paisley crossed her legs and started to pick the little white flowers around her. "What are your thoughts about Punk? Think he'll stay?"