Part 16

"I love you

  "I love you." She whispered against his neck. "I love your hand on my hip. Like a lot. I love how you give me that little half smile before you give me your full smirk. Which I adore too. I love your scrawny chest and how you hold me like there's nothing else you would rather be doing."

  "There isn't."

  "I love you, but I think you're worried about nothing. What does it matter? Punk is coming. Everybody is safe."

  "How could you know he was coming when I didn't?"

  "Maybe you picked up on something he was feeling, and you didn't even know it."

  "No. He said he'd only decided a few hours ago."

  "When is he getting here?"

  "Saturday."

  "How's he doing?"

  "Overwhelmed. He wanted some visitation rights. He never knew he'd end up with her as sole parent."

  She ran her finger over his bottom lip. "But he's handling it better than you thought he would be?"

  "Yea. A week ago, I thought he would have a panic attack just at the thought of seeing her."

  "Do you think he will keep her?"

  "I won't know until he does."

  Paisley turned onto her back so she could look at her alarm clock. "It's three. Are we planning on any sleep tonight?"

  "You sleep. I'm going to lay here and mope."

  Smiling, she turned back into his arms. "Did I mention I love it when your voice gets all raspy and tired?"

  His arms tightened around her. "I might be tired but don't think I didn't catch all the things you don't love about me as you were naming all the ones you do love."

  She giggled because a few things came to mind. The way he ate being at the top of the list. "Stay the night?"

  "Might as well since it's already almost time to get up."

  She was almost asleep when he whispered her name. "Hmm?"

  "You looked beautiful tonight. I should have told you that."

  "You didn't have to. I knew."

  "I still should have. When the girl you love more than life walks into a room looking like his every dream come true, then he should tell her."