Part 7

After dating Kels for almost two years he knew these things about her

After dating Kels for almost two years he knew these things about her. One, she was furiously loyal but only to those she considered worthy of her loyalty. Two, she loved a good challenge and three; she had a weakness for corrupting poor, innocent guys.

Within twenty minutes she had Matthew so fluster and red faced that he couldn't think straight. Within thirty minutes she was backing the poor fool up into the kitchen pantry.

Figuring if any guy needed to get laid it was Matthew, he only smiled when the smaller guy looked to him for help.

When things started to get noisy, he escaped out of the house and sat down on the step to wait for Paisley.

She was coming home, and it would take him time to feel like it was safe for him to see pretty boy without dragging him out of his car and greeting him with his fist.

Matthew was right, and he was an ass. The guy spending so much time with his girl was pissing him off. Severely.

He's never pretended to be a good guy.

The closer Paisley got the worse he felt for the way he felt. None of this was easy on her either.

On top of the guilt she was already feeling about Mia and Seth, she felt guilt over upsetting him and letting him down.

He might have been hiding how he felt all night, but she was no fool. She knew how he felt, and she knew he was hiding his feelings from her. He knew how much that upset her so as soon as Seth's car pulled up and she waved the other guy off, Jay stopped hiding his feelings and he let them sweep over her.

He could see the deep breath she took from where he sat.

She was exhausted and had dark circles under her eyes. Sitting down next to him, she laid her head on his shoulder.

"A couple minutes ago I thought there was nothing left to do but give up the fight and just fall apart. Then you came back to me and I remembered that I can handle anything."

He kissed the top of her head. "Until a couple minutes ago I thought there was nothing left to do but give up the fight and just fall apart. Then you came back to me and I remembered I can handle anything."

Her lips rushed to meet his but before they could get lost in each other they heard something hitting the door behind them.

The moans and grunts were clear indicators to what was happening a few steps away behind the closed door.

Paisley stilled and looked at him in shock. "That's not Lisa and Jack, is it?"

"Nope. Kels came for a visit."

"Your Kels? Who____?"

"Matthew."

Her mouth dropped open. "Your Matthew?"

Using his thumb, he pointed out the roar of the motorcycle. "And that would be Kels' boyfriend. He goes by Stud."

"Life with you is never dull, Jay McCarthy. What's your plan on keeping Stud from not killing Matthew?"

"Matthew just might be able to take him." He said dryly.

Since the noises behind them now contained the name Matty being gasped out repeatedly, Jay sighed and got up. "Your mom is cooking. Let's go invite him to dinner."