Part 15

   Not only could he note every guy in the restaurant who had his eyes on Paisley. He also knew exactly what every one of them were thinking.

  His mood became dangerous. His eyes narrowed as he watched the waiter in front of him hold out Paisley's chair. He might have missed the small touch to her lower back if he hadn't felt the other guy's rush of excitement.

  "Touch her again and I'll break every bone in that hand."

  Every eye in the vicinity was on him.

  The other guy was taller than him, older than him, but he was some pansy who's never had to fight for his life before. Not only could he take him, but it would also help his disposition a lot if he could hit someone right now.

  The waiter ignored his invitation. "I'll give you a few moments to look over the menu and I'll put another waiter in charge of your table."

  Jay shrugged at the grownups at his table and spared Paisley a look even though he knew she wasn't upset with him. She felt the jerk's reaction. She wouldn't have made a scene, but she hadn't cared for the dude's attitude either.

  She winked at him and turned to his foster mother. "We haven't had time to talk. How is Ernie and Is?"

  "Doing well. They both work a lot, but they seem to be happy. Neither of them could stop talking about this new trial they are a part of. Jack and I would never like to work so much."

  Jack stilled. "We work."

  She grinned. "I always thought that it's what we do so we don't have to work."

  "I'm with Jack on this one. I'd hate to be on my computer as much as you two are, or inside as much as_______." Her mom started ordering and forgot what she was saying.

  "And how's Angel?"

  "He was sporting a hangover."

  Jack grinned. "Lisa kept banging pots as she cooked a huge breakfast. There's nothing I enjoy more than watching one of my sons vomiting all over themselves. I guarantee you that he will not be drinking this weekend."

  "I guarantee you he'll never eat eggs again. I put everything in his kitchen in those things."

  Since he could remember more than one breakfast like that, his stomach heaved at the memory. His foster parents were cruel, devious people.

  Most of the dinner they kept Paisley and Dougie entertained with stories of times when they tortured their sons.

  "I remember when Punk first moved in and he was still smoking cigarettes...."

  Jay looked at Paisley. You said that Punk was bringing his baby here?

  Yes. He wants everyone to meet her. I also think he's a little overwhelmed by everything.

  Are you sure? I know nothing about him coming. Last time I talked to him he was only getting to visit her two hours a week.

  I don't know. I just know that it was in my head that he was coming, and Rosemary will be with him.

  Without an explanation to anyone he dug into his pocket for his phone and headed for the door.